The Love Boat ~ The Next Generation

FoghornLeghorn

Originally Posted by Cruiseboy86

I've thought a 'dream episode' of "The Office" would be funny. Michael would fall asleep at his desk and dream his office staff was the crew of the Pacific Princess.

Michael = Capt. Stubing

Pam = Julie

Jim = Gopher

Stanely = Isacc

Dwight = Doc

Meredith = Vicky

and

Angela = Charo

The staff would then experience a laugh loaded high sea adventure. Great idea, right?

Just send me my million dollars.

:D I can just see Kelly Kapoor and Andy as the bickering couple coming on board' date=' but they turn out to be international diamond theives.[/quote']

LOL! Thank you. Very funny.

We were on the Sun while they were filming the show. Every day, we got a letter from Aaron Spelling telling us where they were filming and how to dress if you wanted to be an extra in the show. They had drawings for really good prizes (camcorder, etc) if you participated. It was a lot of fun. We got to talk to and take pictures of the cast.

That sounds really neat - thanks for sharing. I remember thinking that version actually looked like they filmed on the ship and not some Hollywood backlot, LOL.

I am an old TV and movie nut and nothing annoys me more than when they make these remakes of the old classics.

There is no one out there today to compare with the old timers.

That's only because either the casting is mishandled, the writers and producers doing the remark just didn't "get" what the original show was about, or the network interferred with the creative process.

That's why the Get Smart remark of the series bombed (the one with Andy Dick playing Don Adams' son)...it didn't have any of the wit of the original series. But the movie with Steve Carrell was wonderful, IMO. It was a different take on Maxwell Smart (he wasn't a total buffoon, but just inept physically). I understand that Don Adams approved of Steve being casted. The writing was very witty, with offbeat characters.

And look at the Fugitive movie. I was pretty young when the original series was on so I don't remember if I got to stay up to watch it. But the movie did get lauded.

They did try to bring back the show in the late 90s, on UPN. Robert Urich was the captain, and it was set on the Sun Princess. It only lasted for about 2 seasons. It was fun to watch, but didn't have the same charm as the original. I'm not sure how the format would go over today (we like our has-been stars on reality tv today, not sitcoms), but I agree it would be a great advertising boon to Princess if it succeeded.

Here's a link to its IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0143050/

Does anyone know if this series - The Love Boat - The Next Wave is out on DVD or do they run any episodes on TV? I have all the DVDs that have been released on the original Love Boat and I enjoy watching them.

Does anyone know if this series - The Love Boat - The Next Wave is out on DVD or do they run any episodes on TV? I have all the DVDs that have been released on the original Love Boat and I enjoy watching them.

Unfortunately, it's not available on DVD or TV. I've looked for it a few times to no avail. The internet is pretty sparse on information about the show, too. I wonder if they'll ever release it...I hope so.

Unfortunately, it's not available on DVD or TV. I've looked for it a few times to no avail. The internet is pretty sparse on information about the show, too. I wonder if they'll ever release it...I hope so.

I hope so too. Thanks for the information.

Archived