Galveston RUMOR!!!!

TEXASMUNK

You had better tell the American Airlines and folks that spend their days there that. Hobby airport is thriving, and up in passenger departures.

Please don't speculate... Know the facts :)

I never meant to imply that Hobby is not prospering. It's actually undergoing an extensive renovation. Sorry about forgetting to include American Airlines ... but actually, there's only one flight out per day, to its hub in Dallas. It leaves too early for returning cruisers to book it. JetBlue works for those coming from New York, and it's possible to get some sort of convoluted itinerary on Delta and AirTran, both with layovers in Atlanta. Hobby is Southwest's only Houston facility. There are no flights to Bush Intercontinental.

Actually, that was P.T.Barnum and the full quote is: "You can fool some of the people all of the time, All of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

I often wondered why Galveston couldn't fund a small 2 or 3 car train from Houston into the island. I know there is a track. The train works great to get from Seattle to Vancouver.

Just as regular as the sun comes up in the East they talk about rail to Houston on the existing tracks but I haven't heard of it going anywhere but downtown.

Tucker in Texas

Archived