Which Cruise - RCI or X?

CruiserChloe

I am planning a cruise for next Spring (late April). I have narrowed it down to Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas and Celebrity's Equinox.

I have already cruised Royal Caribbean on a small, older ship. I loved it, not because of the ship size, but because of the great service and beautiful ship.

We are upper 20's, but do not party all night or drink ourselves to stupidity. We like to have fun, but prefer comfortable lounges over dancing discos.

Both of these ships look spectacular. Any advise? Which would you choose?

Another question - and this may seem trivial, but it's important to me - we love martinis as an after-dinner drink or for a night cap. I see Equinox has a martini bar. Do any of Liberty's bars specialize in, or at least make a variety of good martinis?

Equinox...Martini bars do it for me and Celebrity has very nice martini bars. :D

You are choosing between two fantastic ships. I have sailed on the sisters of both those ships.

First....martinis....Equinox, hands down. I too love martinis. The martini bar is awesome. The bar, itself, has a frozen surface. It keeps the drinks cold and there is still an unfrozen ledge to rest your arms on. Aside from the martini bar, every bar on the ship made good martinis. There is an espresso machine at every bar, so you can get real espresso martinis anywhere.

On Freedom (Liberty's sister), they made good martinis in the Schooner Bar and up in the Viking Crown Lounge. I give the nod to Liberty for the view from the VCL, but X certainly does martinis better.

Otherwise, both ships are jaw-dropping and you can not do wrong on either one.

By the way, I looked at Equinox's April itineraries. Is the X cruise you are considering a 10 nighter? If so, this is a no-brainer. Go X.

Another question - and this may seem trivial, but it's important to me - we love martinis as an after-dinner drink or for a night cap. I see Equinox has a martini bar. Do any of Liberty's bars specialize in, or at least make a variety of good martinis?

On Liberty, check out Olive or Twist

Thank you all for your help.

Yes, Aquahound, the X cruise is 10 nights and is only slightly more expensive than the Liberty.

I think my biggest concern is the crowd. I'll try to put this in the least offensive way possible. I do not want to cruise again with the crowd that was on the Carnival Imagination. It was a great cruise (my first!), but I renamed it the "Thug Boat." Nuff said.

I want something classy, but still fun. I think X is my choice.

Thanks again everyone.

Thank you all for your help.

Yes, Aquahound, the X cruise is 10 nights and is only slightly more expensive than the Liberty.

I think my biggest concern is the crowd. I'll try to put this in the least offensive way possible. I do not want to cruise again with the crowd that was on the Carnival Imagination. It was a great cruise (my first!), but I renamed it the "Thug Boat." Nuff said.

I want something classy, but still fun. I think X is my choice.

Thanks again everyone.

You won't be sorry. Its great to try different cruise lines. Enjoy! :D

Archived