Asia 2010-2011

MightyQuinn

The Oceania website shows itineraries for Asia only thru April/10. Any idea when they may release itineraries for next season? And do they typically offer the same (or similar) sailings every year? We’re interested in Connoisseur Collection: Hong Kong-Athens or Route of the Ancient Traders: Istanbul-Singapore.

The Oceania website shows itineraries for Asia only thru April/10. Any idea when they may release itineraries for next season? And do they typically offer the same (or similar) sailings every year? We’re interested in Connoisseur Collection: Hong Kong-Athens or Route of the Ancient Traders: Istanbul-Singapore.

Their itineraries, sadly, were carbon copies from year to year in the past. Therefore your chances would have been pretty good to see the same cruises annually.

Things, however, may change with the new ships and all the new itineraries were are told are "on the drawing boards" (in addition to the 5 "idol" itineraries).

So all bets are off now. However, as these are repositioning cruises, they are likely to be around for a while in one form or another.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Their website actually has cruises through April 2011. I was close to booking the Imperial Exploration 15 day cruise in Feb or Mar of 2011, but shocking as this is, I found a better deal on Silversea. The Oceania cruise (in a PH 3, a similar sized room to Silversea) was $9,999/person. This includes airfare but nothing else. Silversea had a roundtrip sailing from Hong Kong that spent two days in Shanghai for a little over 5K per person (airfare included) for a Vista suite (287 sq ft), no balcony. Even with adding on a 5 day pre-cruise tour to spend 3 days in Beijing, a day in Xian, and a day in Hong Kong before the cruise starts (including 5 nights hotel, 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 2 dinners, and flights within China, etc.) it was still only a little over 8K per person. Mind you, this sailing is in November 2010, but my partner and I didn't mind moving up our sailing for such a good value. We love Oceania, but sometimes their prices are mind-boggling. They mostly have lower fares than the luxury lines, but not always.

Their website actually has cruises through April 2011.
Thanks SanFranCruizer. You may have noticed that when I asked the question almost 2 weeks ago the O website only showed Asia itineraires thur April/10. Since then they have released the new schedules thur April/11. Like you, we're comparing & contrasting the offerings to see what works best for us. :):)

Archived