Anyone booked a wedding on the Oasis yet?

Well my fiancé and I are now engaged and debating places to get married... We currently have a cruise booked in April already and was thinking of having it on the ship. Even tho I doubt we would have many attEndees but that's ok haha

I called but it's a different department and gotta wait till tomorrow during there business hours...

Any insight or suggestions or past experiences are welcomed ;)

thanks

Hi! I'm getting married while sailing on the Oasis, but I have to wait until next October! :( We're not actually booking thru the ship, we'll be married while in St. Thomas and using a wedding coordinator from the island (it's much cheaper than thru the cruise line and the options are endless...) I would definitely head over to the cruise weddings and honeymoons boards-they have been lifesavers for me-so much good info. I'm debating if we're going to reserve a specialty restaurant when we get back on the ship-I'm kind of waiting for it to sail and see what everyone says about the different restaurants. Plus our small group of just close family and friends is quickly approaching 80 people already! :eek: We'll see-Good luck with your planning! This ship is going to be amazing!

Just be aware that if you don't book your wedding thru the cruise line and the ship is veered away from St. Thomas for any reason, RCCL will not take responsibility for anything other than maybe a phone call to the replacement port.

Our kids planned their wedding in St. Thomas in October 21, 1999 during our Enchantment cruise. The captain had to change course to the western caribbean due to a hurricane. We had to scramble to make arrangements in Grand Caymen. Tendered from the ship at 8AM....had to find a minister, get papers, find a place, find flowers, have the wedding (full formal dress and tux) and reception and sailed at 2. We did it but it was very stressful and we were all relieved when it was over and done.

Didn't want to rain on your parade but also, didn't want this to happen to anyone else. Hopefully, there is a Plan B. We learned the hard way and we were glad that, as parents of the groom, we had not made the decision to wed in St. Thomas. Don't get me wrong, St. Thomas is one of my favorite ports and a wedding there would be beautiful....just be aware that the ship might not make it there.

Deb

Just be aware that if you don't book your wedding thru the cruise line and the ship is veered away from St. Thomas for any reason, RCCL will not take responsibility for anything other than maybe a phone call to the replacement port.

Our kids planned their wedding in St. Thomas in October 21, 1999 during our Enchantment cruise. The captain had to change course to the western caribbean due to a hurricane. We had to scramble to make arrangements in Grand Caymen. Tendered from the ship at 8AM....had to find a minister, get papers, find a place, find flowers, have the wedding (full formal dress and tux) and reception and sailed at 2. We did it but it was very stressful and we were all relieved when it was over and done.

Didn't want to rain on your parade but also, didn't want this to happen to anyone else. Hopefully, there is a Plan B. We learned the hard way and we were glad that, as parents of the groom, we had not made the decision to wed in St. Thomas. Don't get me wrong, St. Thomas is one of my favorite ports and a wedding there would be beautiful....just be aware that the ship might not make it there.

Deb

Wow, talk about "stress". A good point brought up. :)

Deb

Thanks guys for the input...

I've called rccl and asked bout getting married on the ship. You have to get married before the ship takes off. You get priorty boarding and the wedding takes 90 mins. Also guest who are not cruising can even attend. If I read correctly it is $1,950. Includes cake, ceremony, photographer/video.... Decisions decisions decisions

or even checked st thomas... Just scared if something happens and don't make it to port of call. Sailing in April which I don't think is hurricane season so I think might be good. Then again decisions decisions decisions decisions

Thanks guys for the input...

I've called rccl and asked bout getting married on the ship. You have to get married before the ship takes off. You get priorty boarding and the wedding takes 90 mins. Also guest who are not cruising can even attend. If I read correctly it is $1,950. Includes cake, ceremony, photographer/video.... Decisions decisions decisions

or even checked st thomas... Just scared if something happens and don't make it to port of call. Sailing in April which I don't think is hurricane season so I think might be good. Then again decisions decisions decisions decisions

The price is not to bad and you don't have to worry about missing a very inportant port of call. ;)

We got married on Grand Cayman Island while cruising on Freedom of the Sea 8/16/06! It was just my Husband and I. It could not have been more perfect or more beautiful! We (actually He) booked it with a TA and Royal Caribbean handled all the details including paper work with the Island.

They are VERY helpful and really make it special for you.

My fiance and I want to get married on a cruise too. We are sailing on the Oasis this December, but I don't think we will tie the knot this trip. We want to research a bit more on board, not to mention our mothers would murder us. I am surprised at how many people are into this concept too! Everyone that I have met and told them our idea has never heard of cruise weddings, and yet here I am finding it is more common than I thought! I think there is something so much more special with only a few guests in a romantic setting than a huge wedding with hundreds of people. Congrats!

My DH and I were married on a steamboat here in Ky. The captain married us then we cruised down the Ohio River and it was wonderful. We plan to renew our vows on a cruise ship but will wait until our 10 years comes around.

I would definately do it on the ship if I had many attending just incase we missed the island.

Believe me, we went back and forth on the idea ourselves! We decided that it's worth taking the risk-St. Thomas is not commonly missed (although it's obviously possible!) and we just accepted that if we did have to miss the island, we still would have our family and friends with us-our travel agent even offered to become ordained just in case! :p There's definitely a lot more risk w/ a cruise wedding, but if you're willing to let go of a lot of the control, then it's perfect! I really just want to go on vacation...although I guess the marriage should be important!!! If we don't make it to St. Thomas, then we will have our legal ceremony back home, but celebrate our anniversary on the intended date.

Also, when I priced out booking through the cruise line, we were more in the $6000+ range:eek: because everything is extra...but we also have a large group. The only way we would have done it through RC is if we were able to be married at sea (not possibleon RC, I believe only Princess) The wedding boards on here have all of the info on both weddings book through the cruise lines and with island planners. Good luck w/ the planning and Congrats! Remember, it's your day-do what both of You want:)

i was married on the Mariner of the Seas in Dec of 2003. It was amazing. we were married before the ship left port and as you said all our non booking guests were allowed on to see the wedding and stay for the reception. the only thing i would change would be take less picture. we took so many we missed out on most of our reception. other than that is was great. we had too may ppl to fit in the chapel so we were married in the Lotis Lounge with our reception there as well.. it was really nice not to have to change locations half way through so in hind sight it was a blessing!! i was allowed to prebook my hair appointment too so i didnt have to worry about hair, my sister-in-law did my makeup, me and my 3 brides maids got dressed in my room and the guys were dressed in my in-law's room, and we were all set to go. I can't stress how much fun it was!!! i also love to cruise so it was doubly great for me!!!

Now, we had so much fun with my wedding we booked a wedding for my older sister on the Mariner a year later. this was a surprise wedding for my sister's kids. the only ones who knew were me my mother, the bride and groom, and MY inlaws. there kids are all grown and we told them me and my husband were 'renewing our vow's' and they beleived us LOL which is even more funny cause my husband was not even on the ship we told every one that he was flying into Jamaica and they belived us yet again. this wedding was in port @ Jamaica but it was Dec so no Hurricane's to worry about. we were very lucky as we pulled off the surprise with out a hitch. Me my sister, her soon to be legal husband, and my father in law went in one car and the rest of the fam was in other cars. when we were walking down the isle me and my father in law (who walked me down the isle the first time as my father is not with us any more) steped to the side and my sis and BIL stepped in. it was so cool!!! every one was crying. Any way both wedding were awesome!! So wich ever way you choose to go i am sure it will be great!!!

Cheers to you

Mia

Archived