El Eden & Los Veronas Canopy

Liza555

We have done Los Veranos and I can't believe El Eden could be an improvement. BTW, you can do either tour on your own. The ship will use Vallarta Adventures which is a different zip line tour altogether. That one you probably can't book on your own as it is prohibited by the contract with the cruise lines.

Let me jump on the Los Veranos bandwagon. I can't imagine any other tour being better than this one. I did research El Eden, and if there had been no Los Veranos, it would have been my next choice, over the other canopy tours in PV. But, Los Veranos is amazing!

There are many zip line tours here in the area. Some use different breaking systems and offer different locations. If you want to do more than just zip lines, the Outdoor Adventure offers a boat ride, a ride on the Unimog, a mule ride, rappelling, suspension bridges and more. Lots of people do this one because it offers a diverse amount of activities in one tour.

My husband and I did the Outdoor Adventure through RCCL last week and that has to rank up with the top shore excursions we have ever done on a cruise. As posted above, we had a fast boat ride, army truck ride, mule ride then the ziplines and rappeling, etc. I think they recommend no younger than 12 years old and we are in our early 50's, but we had a variety of ages in our group. The whole time we were thinking how much our kids would love it. We highly recommend it. We were impressed with Vallarta Adventures. We felt very safe with the double zipline and it's not like we are world-class athletes either. Tiring but so much more fun than the tour we did around town in Mazatlan.

Elaine

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to look into Rio Cuale Canopy, it higher-faster-longer runs than the ones mentioned above. Look it up on u tube and see a short video. I have been on many zips and this in by far the best...Later all.....

Yes, you have to take a cab to their pick-up place, and back to the pier again. I don't remember how much the cab ride was, but it couldn't have been too bad.......................or it would have stuck in my mind! What we did after the tour, was walk around the Old Vallarta part of town for a while, did some shopping, found our way to the lovely Cathedral, then walked along the Malecon a bit, enjoying the lovely scenery. When our feet got tired, we hailed a cab back to the ship.

We did Los Veranos back in August and loved it. My kids are 19 & 14 and had an absolute blast. As far as getting to the pickup, we did the Canopy Office. We went outside of the port area to get a taxi on the main road (the are supposed to be cheaper than inside the port). It was $8 for the 4 of us to get to the canopy office. After the trip they dropped us off by the Malecon, we couldn't find a taxi for lesss than $10 to get us back to the port. Overall not bad prices.

One other thing with kids if you do Los Veranos. When you are done with the zip lines, go to the monkey house. They give you powdered baby formula and you go inside the cages to feed the monkeys. The look of absolute joy on my kids faces as the monkeys climbed all over them was worth every penny we spent that day. Los Veranos was definitely a highlight of their trip.

Just back! We booked (online, not through Carnival) the zip line “canopy tour” with Los Veranos (you can find them online). This was the highlight of our trip. We are 3 women, 51, 59 & 70. It was exhilarating and so much fun! We would do it again in a minute. The entire crew there was delightful and made the day a blast. As a “bonus” you get a bus ride for about 45 minutes from town into the “jungle” and that was great too (our driver pointed out highlights along the way). On the way back we asked to be dropped off in town, and visited Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, several small art shops and enjoyed a meal on the water at the Malecon (boardwalk). We paid $3 each from the pier to the Los Veranos office, and $3 each from the Malecon back to the ship. Be prepared to tip the crew after your zipping, there were 9 guys that all worked their butts off to make every single one of us feel special, safe, and have a great time (about 25 in the group we were with, including several kids aged 8 to 14). We 3 each tipped $15 and when added to the $67 we paid (online) it was STILL a bargain compared to the $135 Carnival wants to charge you.

Los Veranos = 5 smiley faces & 3 :eek: :eek: :eek:

We did Los Veranos back in August and loved it. My kids are 19 & 14 and had an absolute blast. As far as getting to the pickup, we did the Canopy Office. We went outside of the port area to get a taxi on the main road (the are supposed to be cheaper than inside the port). It was $8 for the 4 of us to get to the canopy office. After the trip they dropped us off by the Malecon, we couldn't find a taxi for lesss than $10 to get us back to the port. Overall not bad prices.

One other thing with kids if you do Los Veranos. When you are done with the zip lines, go to the monkey house. They give you powdered baby formula and you go inside the cages to feed the monkeys. The look of absolute joy on my kids faces as the monkeys climbed all over them was worth every penny we spent that day. Los Veranos was definitely a highlight of their trip.

Hi,

how long of a taxi ride was it to get to the canopy office? I am booked for the same and am trying to plan out the day.

thanks!

hayley

Hi,

how long of a taxi ride was it to get to the canopy office? I am booked for the same and am trying to plan out the day.

thanks!

hayley

Can't say exactly how long the taxi ride was, but we were off the ship a little after 9:15 PV time. The walk out to the less expensive taxis was a little more than 5 minutes, a few minutes of haggle with the driver and we were at the canopy office at 9:45. Of course, our scheduled time wasn't until 10:45 and there was not 9:45 that day so took a walk down to the beach (a few blocks from the office) while we waited.

Enjoy it was a great day!

Hi,

thanks!

hayley

The taxi was 20 minutes max. Add to that the 5-10 minute walk out to the taxis, say 30 minutes to the office from the ship.

Archived