Back from Triumph hot tubs open!

winegum55

Just back from a very nice 5 day to St John and Halifax. Pier parking and embarkation went smooth. Had an inside cabin on Empress, next to my relatives. Room was nice but their toilet backed up and air con went off unexpectedly. Carnival took care of it promptly.Food was fine, chocolate melting cake was everything and more. My party agreed the lamp chops were the best entree. To my surprise, on the 3rd day the hot tubs were open! It was chilly outside so it was a welcome treat!

Any questions? I would be happy to oblige.

Just back from a very nice 5 day to St John and Halifax. Pier parking and embarkation went smooth. Had an inside cabin on Empress, next to my relatives. Room was nice but their toilet backed up and air con went off unexpectedly. Carnival took care of it promptly.Food was fine, chocolate melting cake was everything and more. My party agreed the lamp chops were the best entree. To my surprise, on the 3rd day the hot tubs were open! It was chilly outside so it was a welcome treat!

What did you do in the ports?

Did they have a walk for the cure on deck?

What time did you arrive for boarding?

How was the disembarkcation like? What time were you off the ship?

MARAPRINCE

More questions --Is there a jogging deck or a deck that you can go completely around the ship? Did they have the cover up over the back pool? How was the visibility going up and back from Canada? Any fog?

MARAPRINCE

Hope I got them all:

I disembarked at 8:15am! We waited on deck 3 and left before they even announced disembarkation.

We arrived early and waited in the customs area. Dont remember the time but it was def. before 12. hint: they asked people to look under their seats for an orange tkt. If your seat had one you can be one of the first to board the ship. (Mine didnt).

Walk for the cure had to take place on deck 5 (they circle round and round) because it was raining.

There is a small jogging deck, it is high up so it is not very big. I went to the gym several times.

I never noticed any fog but it rained most of the day yesterday. They covered up the pool which turned out to be one of my favorite spots of the week.

I didnt take any tours but if I were to do it again I would take a tour in St John. Halifax has a lot to do on your own. We took a cab to the Titanic cemetery, then went back to the downtown area. Had lunch, went to the maritime museum, looked at shops. In st John we walked around the market and went over to the reversing falls (which werent reversing at the time we were there).

Interesting sight this morning: As we cruised back to the pier we saw the "ghost" of the twin tower memorial lights. It was 2 vertical lines of white.

More questions --Is there a jogging deck or a deck that you can go completely around the ship? Did they have the cover up over the back pool? How was the visibility going up and back from Canada? Any fog?

MARAPRINCE

There is a deck that goes all around the ship. They use it for walk for the cure.

I seem to remember a jogging deck also.

Thanks for the update! We sail on her in two weeks today.

Archived