La Quinta Fort Lauderdale Tamarac East or La Quinta Plantation

1of5G

I'm considering booking one of these for one night pre-cruise on sat. Feb.6. Superbowl weekend has made getting a room rather difficult. We will be renting a car at FLL.

Tamarac is at 3800 Commercial Blvd.

Plantation is on Peters Road.

Just looking for a clean place

Stay away from the one in Tamarac, not a nice place, not a nice area.

The one in Plantation is fine, much newer hotel, much nicer safer neighborhood, and closer easier access to the port & airport, restaurants, etc... http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ982&propId=982

I agree. Good advice.

Thanks to both of you for your help. Booked 2 rooms there. Thanks also for talking me out of Days Inn Oakland Park. People like you help to make traveling to FL so much easier and worry free. If you ever travel to MI (LOL) maybe I can return the favor!!

Thanks to both of you for your help. Booked 2 rooms there. Thanks also for talking me out of Days Inn Oakland Park. People like you help to make traveling to FL so much easier and worry free. If you ever travel to MI (LOL) maybe I can return the favor!!

No problem, have a great trip and a wonderful cruise!

If you are flying to Fort Lauderdale, I suggest renting a car if your hotel is in Plantation. We stayed at a hotel there in the spring and paid a lot in cab and shuttle fares to get us from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. Renting a car would have been a lot cheaper and would have given us freedom to do things other than what was within walking distance from the hotel.

You are very welcome. Have a great trip! Hey, if you like shopping check out Sawgrass Mills...it's only 10 minutes away.

If you are flying to Fort Lauderdale, I suggest renting a car if your hotel is in Plantation. We stayed at a hotel there in the spring and paid a lot in cab and shuttle fares to get us from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. Renting a car would have been a lot cheaper and would have given us freedom to do things other than what was within walking distance from the hotel.

Thanks, We had already planned to rent a car because one person in our group will be flying in later and we will need to pick him up at the airport. I appreciate your input.

Archived