Inside guaranteed...what does that mean exactly?

YorkieMommyKandis

If you booked a category 4 (standard interior room, not bunk beds) guarantee you will get a cat. 4 somewhere on the ship. You will not go down a category, but you could go up to a higher deck category 4, or even an Ocean View if you are really lucky.

The only way you could end up in a 1A (interior room with bunk beds) is if you book a category 1 guarantee.

IS = inside guarantee (not guaranteed), and no you wouldnt wind up with a 1A, or at least no one has so far, even though I think Carnival would be allowed to do that.

What ship?? some ships dont have bunk beds for most of the 1As. They are often better choices than inside cabins imo...if you know which ones are the best. I kept my 1A with port holes when I could move up to a 4C inside cabin for free. My 1A is larger and has two beds on the floor and I can see out.

Thanks. Let me post more info to be sure. The cabin that I am looking at says:

Inside - Guaranteed

Category

IS

- Deck:

Riviera

This category can be booked for a special rate, guaranteed to you. Please note that the category is not associated at the time of booking with a specific stateroom, deck, bedding configuration or other particular settings. The assignment of an actual cabin will be performed during your check-in. The cabin can be anywhere on the ship.Convertible king bed, convertible king bed & two upper beds.

Firefly - The ship is the Carnival Fascination and the cabin number is R56. We have no problem booking the 1A except for the bunk bed thing. I am all for saving $144. Would rather put that towards our cabana.

Yep, I was about to say all Fantasy class ships, all the 1As are bunk beds. Nope, nope and nope.

I would book one of the 4As that used to be a 5A that has a port holes and has twins that push together on that ship, if any are available.

btw on Fantasy class ships, all the insides and OVs are 185 s.f. so there is no advatage s.f. wise to booking a actual OV over a inside, just has a full window...but the port holes arent bad for the price. some on the first three decks near the front, assuming you dont get seasick and want to see out. some dont like the anchor noise.

Thanks. Let me post more info to be sure. The cabin that I am looking at says:

Inside - Guaranteed

Category

IS

- Deck:

Riviera

This category can be booked for a special rate, guaranteed to you. Please note that the category is not associated at the time of booking with a specific stateroom, deck, bedding configuration or other particular settings. The assignment of an actual cabin will be performed during your check-in. The cabin can be anywhere on the ship.Convertible king bed, convertible king bed & two upper beds.

If you get a IS, then Carnival picks the cabin, not you. You sometimes get a upgrade of a few decks for free, so not a bad option if no particular good cabins left you want. I got a 4D the only time I did this on Carnival this past Jan. Usually I pick the cabin, too many good choices.

Archived