Our Jewel T/A - Blarney Stones, Sour Whale Blubber; did I Mention Irish Whiskey?

SailorJack

If you have an e-reader, then my reviews have already been compiled. A CC member compiled them for people who have e-readers and has made them available to other members.

Can you please share what the title is or how to find it in Amazon? I would also love to download it.

Erika

Do you have any idea how to get them? DH has a Kindle.

Thanks in advance.

Truffles, I don't have a link, but the poster goes by the name of "groo". If you do a search for his name you should be able to find it. I don't think it was on this board however. If you can't find it let me know and I will try another way.

Jack

Can you please share what the title is or how to find it in Amazon? I would also love to download it.

Erika

Erika, see above.

Edited by SailorJack

Well, I did find something....a listing of posts on NCL--the last of which was over a year ago. Thought about posting on NCL "looking for Groo" and ask him but it is doubtful if he has not been on a thread since Jan '10.

Well, I did find something....a listing of posts on NCL--the last of which was over a year ago. Thought about posting on NCL "looking for Groo" and ask him but it is doubtful if he has not been on a thread since Jan '10.

I know he has been active since then. Suggestion: Try posting on my Dream review. I think he subscribed to that one so if he is still here he should get your request.

Well, DUH!:rolleyes:

There were 5 pages of posts and I only looked at the first page. When I searched further, I found it right away.

Here it is thanks to groo:

If you have an ereader that supports epub format ( like the Nook ), here is a link to SailorJack's reviews.

www.triplelake.net/darry/sailorjack.epub

Not sure what epub is.....the pub part sounds good:p.

OK, DH now has it on his Kindle. He said it was easy to do and there is an option for converting it from epub to Kindle. Just FYI.

Thanks for the update. I will keep the link for future use.

PS: Erika..I hope you were able to download as well.

STILL the funniest single passage on this entire site. :D:D:D

John, I just hope that people understand that English cooking is really not that bad.:)

In my opinion (and that's what counts!:p), all of Sailor Jack's reviews should be kept FOREVER. Someone suggested a sticky at the top of page.

Kathy

Hi, Kathy..ALWAYS good to hear from you. Hope your travels have been enjoyable. As I recall you sail with a group of friends..so I know you have fun. Take care.

Jack

Thanks for the update. I will keep the link for future use.

PS: Erika..I hope you were able to download as well.

Jack

Yes, as a matter of fact, I was. I did that last night and also was able to convert it with calibri software.

Thank you!!

Erika

• 2 months later...
Sailor Jack

Thanks so much for your trip report. Can't wait for the next one. What a great writing style and your way with words is fantastic.

Glad you enjoyed it.:) Our next cruise is on the Diamond Princess - from Singapore to Sydney - late next month. If I get enough things to write about my next review should be sometime in early December.

Your review was great. You should write a book or a short stories. Hysterical

Thanks, but no book in the offing - sounds like to much work!:)

Glad you enjoyed it.:) Our next cruise is on the Diamond Princess - from Singapore to Sydney - late next month. If I get enough things to write about my next review should be sometime in early December.

Looking forward to this review - marking my calendar.:D

What a hysterical review! We are scheduled for a 16 night ta on the Jewel next August. Were there many days of rough seas? We just got back from Alaska and had awful swells (not the people, the seas)

Husband is quavering.

Please help! I want to see Iceland.

What a hysterical review! We are scheduled for a 16 night ta on the Jewel next August. Were there many days of rough seas? We just got back from Alaska and had awful swells (not the people, the seas)

Husband is quavering.

Please help! I want to see Iceland.

We have done 4 TAs - including the one that stopped at Iceland. We have never encountered what one would call "rough" seas - although others have. You cannot predict nature, but the chances of having really rough seas I would think would be relatively small.

On the other hand, Iceland is fantastic - you will not be disappointed. If your husband has doubts, get your roll call to give you support!:)

By the way, I loved your reference to "swells" - I haven't heard that term used in quite a while.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jack

• 2 months later...
Are you sure you're not Dave Barry??? Love your reviews....well, actually, your writing style. If you wrote a review of your next grocery shopping trip, I'd read it!

Never realized he was so close to Dave Barry! :(

Have I had too much Irish? :confused:

Well, DUH!:rolleyes:

There were 5 pages of posts and I only looked at the first page. When I searched further, I found it right away.

Here it is thanks to groo:

If you have an ereader that supports epub format ( like the Nook ), here is a link to SailorJack's reviews.

www.triplelake.net/darry/sailorjack.epub

Not sure what epub is.....the pub part sounds good:p.

The only ting about the last 3 or 4 posts, was PUB. :confused:

Overheard on a train....

1st man: Is this Wembsley?

2nd man: No, it's Thursday

!st man: Me too. Let's have a scotch!

We were on NCL on 9/11/01! On a similar itinerary, the Voyage of the Titanic!. Spooky! :eek:

Cobh: Unnesessary to learn how to prnouce it! (Thank God)

After walking around town a little bit (little town), we went to a pub abd had a beer. Some other folks doing the same asked us if we were from the same ship. We decided to take a cab to the larger town nearby, and split the cab fee (very reasonable!). We enjoyed a good pub lunch, went our separate ways, and met a few hours later for our taxi back. Lot's of fun!

We were stopped on the streets and asked if we were Americans, and given their best wishes by people. The stores were CLOSED the next day to honor the victems! Any other country do all this? :confused:

I'm proud to be even 1/4 Irish!:cool:

We were on NCL on 9/11/01! On a similar itinerary, the Voyage of the Titanic!. Spooky! :eek:

Cobh: Unnesessary to learn how to prnouce it! (Thank God)

After walking around town a little bit (little town), we went to a pub abd had a beer. Some other folks doing the same asked us if we were from the same ship. We decided to take a cab to the larger town nearby, and split the cab fee (very reasonable!). We enjoyed a good pub lunch, went our separate ways, and met a few hours later for our taxi back. Lot's of fun!

We were stopped on the streets and asked if we were Americans, and given their best wishes by people. The stores were CLOSED the next day to honor the victems! Any other country do all this? :confused:

I'm proud to be even 1/4 Irish!:cool:

Not sure I got the gist of all your posts (I am kind of slow that way), but I was impressed with your story about Cobh.

We just got back (Friday) from a really great 18 day cruise through Asia on the Diamond Princess. It wasn't the voyage of the Titanic, but it did have a great deal of history in it - especially Viet Nam. I am working on the "review" right now and should have it posted on the Princess Board tomorrow.

Not sure I got the gist of all your posts (I am kind of slow that way), but I was impressed with your story about Cobh.

We just got back (Friday) from a really great 18 day cruise through Asia on the Diamond Princess. It wasn't the voyage of the Titanic, but it did have a great deal of history in it - especially Viet Nam. I am working on the "review" right now and should have it posted on the Princess Board tomorrow.

Hope you will come back here and post when it is finished and a link in your signature. Thanks.