Good price? $662 for November 28/Fascination/5 Day/Cat 4D

YorkieMommyKandis

Just trying to decide if this is going to be the best price before I book. I'm cheap, which is good because we're broke, haha! Rate of $662 (military rate, before taxes) for two adults in a category 4D for a 5 day cruise on the Fascination leaving November 28. The day that the cruise must be paid for in full is this Saturday. Should I wait until after then to book for a better room/rate? Or should I just go ahead and book and then can I make changes if a better room/rate becomes available?

The carnival agent that I have has been E-mailing me a lot, wanting me to book with her. Do they have better deals over the phone?

You will not get any better price by booking with a Carnival agent (CVS or PVP) than by just going to the Carnival website and booking. Basically by booking directly with Carnival using whatever method you are paying "full price". If you are looking for a discount or or incentives than you will have to use a TA.

Oh okay. I'm just tempted to wait to see if we can get a better deal. Seems like the prices would go down when you get closer to the day, or at least after full cabin price is due.

When you speak of outside travel agents...do you mean just going to a TA website? Or actually calling up a person that is a travel agent? I have never used a travel agent before...have always wondered if they can do better deals.

Just so you know..you are not supposed to mention sites where you might book a cruise. You can mention Carnival.com but not "TA" type sites. So you may want to edit your post. I've gotten "in trouble" before here for that.. :rolleyes:
Now you need to go back and edit yours, since you quoted her 'faux pas'!

When you speak of outside travel agents...do you mean just going to a TA website? Or actually calling up a person that is a travel agent? I have never used a travel agent before...have always wondered if they can do better deals.

You can do both if you want. Can always call a local TA and see what prices they have or look online for a TA. Get quotes for various TA's. I have a great TA and I wish I could give you his info but that is against the rules as well.

Saved me $117 on my Nov cruise on a 8H in Nov, $400 on my Cat 11 twelve day cruise in April and $300 on a Cat 11 eight day cruise next Nov on the Miracle. The more expensive the cruise/cabin the more I save. So you can really save money by using a TA.

If you use a TA make sure you verify any fees for booking, canceling, making any changes (changing cabins or processing Early Saver rate reductions, etc), even calling and speaking with someone can cost with some online TA's.

My TA has no fees for anything. But keep in mind that if you use a TA then you must go through them for anything related to your booking.

You can do both if you want. Can always call a local TA and see what prices they have or look online for a TA. Get quotes for various TA's. I have a great TA and I wish I could give you his info but that is against the rules as well.

Saved me $117 on my Nov cruise on a 8H in Nov, $400 on my Cat 11 twelve day cruise in April and $300 on a Cat 11 eight day cruise next Nov on the Miracle. The more expensive the cruise/cabin the more I save. So you can really save money by using a TA.

If you use a TA make sure you verify any fees for booking, canceling, making any changes (changing cabins or processing Early Saver rate reductions, etc), even calling and speaking with someone can cost with some online TA's.

My TA has no fees for anything. But keep in mind that if you use a TA then you must go through them for anything related to your booking.

I can't figure out how to send a PM...is that not possible on here? My e-mail is yorkiemommy0906@aol.com. Please E-mail me!!

Oh okay. LOL I guess I am just being a bad girl all around today, trying to get a good deal and all. Are they in with Carnival or something, this website? Why they wouldn't want off Carnival deals on here?

Is there no way to private message on here? It seems like before there was, but I don't see a way now.

Oh okay. LOL I guess I am just being a bad girl all around today, trying to get a good deal and all. Are they in with Carnival or something, this website? Why they wouldn't want off Carnival deals on here?

Is there no way to private message on here? It seems like before there was, but I don't see a way now.

It's not with Carnival. This site is supported by other TA sites. So they don't want us mentioning the competition.

I'm not sure about PM's as I never tried to use it on this site.

It isn't necessarily true that the price would go down closer to sailing, it's just as likely, if not a bit more so, that it will go UP the closer you get to the date.

That price seems a bit steep to me...we're paying $778 for 2 in a 6C for a 7 day on the Glory.

I personally prefer to book with Carnival direct, even if it's $10-$20 more, so I can have control over my reservation when I need it.

LOL! Apparently everyone is most knowledgeable about the forum rules. Just kidding. :) I need heeeeelpppp! Haha. I'm in a crisis....argh. Must get the best deal. Must get the best deal....

The way we got knowledgeable was the in the CC school of hard knocks where we had to go sit in a corner in a time out. You learn fast that way.

btw since you are military, once you are past final payment if the price does go down, you can get upgraded, but you cant get OBC or a refund. Just be aware. Not sure if it was made clear to you above. ..once you pay, thats the price.

btw since you are military, once you are past final payment if the price does go down, you can get upgraded, but you cant get OBC or a refund. Just be aware. Not sure if it was made clear to you above. ..once you pay, thats the price.

I'm booked under Past Guest rate, I thought I would be able to do that too if the next higher category dropped to what I paid. Is it only military rate bookings that can do that?

Archived