Music and dancing during Captain's cocktail party still?

trvljill

So its been about 5 years and I know that some ships are phasing out the Captain's cocktail party entirely or I think so I've read on the board(I'm pretty sure is the right name, the party that tends to be on the formal night with free drinks). When I went on them, the party was just in the main theater/lounge where the shows are performed. They had the band(the ones who play during the show productions) playing music and people could get up on the stage and dance. But I am just checkign to see if they have done away with this. From the sounds of it the party seems to be spread out now between different bars and such throughout the ship. Is there any music being played in these bar areas during this time like guitar/piano players that they have around the ship. I know they don't have the appetizers anymore and thats not a concern for me. Just trying to get an idea of what they look like now and I know it varies a lot between ships and such but just lookin for a general idea of what they look like now.

So its been about 5 years and I know that some ships are phasing out the Captain's cocktail party entirely or I think so I've read on the board(I'm pretty sure is the right name, the party that tends to be on the formal night with free drinks). When I went on them, the party was just in the main theater/lounge where the shows are performed. They had the band(the ones who play during the show productions) playing music and people could get up on the stage and dance. But I am just checkign to see if they have done away with this. From the sounds of it the party seems to be spread out now between different bars and such throughout the ship. Is there any music being played in these bar areas during this time like guitar/piano players that they have around the ship. I know they don't have the appetizers anymore and thats not a concern for me. Just trying to get an idea of what they look like now and I know it varies a lot between ships and such but just lookin for a general idea of what they look like now.

It depends on the ship, some still do it in the main theater with music from the band. Imagination did in June anyway.

When I was on the Splendor the end of July, the captains party was held in the some of the lounges and there was a band with dancing in the one we were in. Hope that helps.

This is how it was on the Triumph in April, too.

Archived