Transport Time from Heathrow to London Hotel

Leonid

Next June we will be flying into Heathrow and arriving Terminal 3 on VA. ETA is 12:05 pm. Would anyone care to guesstimate how long it should take to get through immigration, customs, collect the luggage and get to our hotel, which is the City Inn - Westminster. We will be using a private limo service.

Check in time is 3:00 pm. Don't want to spend a lot of time waiting for the room.

You could not have timed it any better. Nothing goes quickly at Heathrow, you'll probably get to the hotel between 3 & 4.

I cannot imagine your doing it in less than 2 hours with checked luggage.

They are constantly adding on to that airport, depending on your arrival gate, it can take nearly half an hour to walk to the luggage pick up.

The drive into London to your hotel will take roughly an hour. How much time it takes to get through immigration and customs depends on how much traffic there is at that time, but figure at least an hour. Assuming they don't lose it, your luggage should be available once you get through immigration. Three hours total would give you a good cushion.

Len: The drive depends on the hour of arrival as well as the day of the week. We always arrive on a Sunday when the drive takes about 40 minutes.

Also if you are flying business-class there is a speed line through customs that you an use cutting down the time significantly. If you nee the name of a good private transfer company I'll be happy to provide the name of one we have used for the past 10 visits. :)

Len: The drive depends on the hour of arrival as well as the day of the week. We always arrive on a Sunday when the drive takes about 40 minutes.

Also if you are flying business-class there is a speed line through customs that you an use cutting down the time significantly. If you nee the name of a good private transfer company I'll be happy to provide the name of one we have used for the past 10 visits. :)

Can always rely on you for a great feedback. We will be flying Upper Class on VA and arrive on a Monday; plus DW uses a travel wheelchair. Based on the other posts , I doubt that we would get to the hotel before 3:00 pm.

Please provide me with the name of the private transfer company you use. Send it to leonid49r@gmail.com.

Archived