Need help with names for Build-A-Bears.. yes this is a RCCL question - sort of...

Me76

I am going on a "mommycation", leaving my husband and 8-year-old (son) and 6-year-old (daughter) at home with Dad/Husband. (Monarch / Oct. 26 to Nassau)

My 6-year-old is sensitive, she will burst out in tears if it's even mentioned that Daddy will be picking her up from school for a week (he's a man, he's always a few minutes later ;) ), ect...

Before the cruise, I was thinking I would get them both Build-A-Bears with the recordable voice, and record something like "I love you and miss you". Both kids sleep with stuffed animals every night and will carry them around the house and play with them. (This baffles me, since I was never a "stuffed animal" kid).

For my 6-year-old, Mary, it's a no-brainer that I get her a Lamb (she has a whole flock and it's her favorite animal). Not sure what I am going to get my son, who is 8, maybe a whale or stingray (though the stingray doesn't seem too cuddly).

What should I name the Build-A-Bears? I want to name them something that has to do with my cruise. I thought about "Monarch" for my daughter, but it doesn't have a good "ring" to it. (She typically names things with a "y", like a Cat would be Catty, Lamb would be Lamby, ect..)

For those who have never done a Build-A-Bear, you make out a Birth Certificate with the name when you make the bear at the store, that's why I am looking for a name before I go.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Good plug for Build-a-Bear, do you own a franchise?

Umm..no, is there another company that you can personalize what stuffed animals say? If so, I really don't know it.

I didn't realize it sounded that way, I will go back and edit it. Thank you for pointing that out.

Sorry, for some reason I can't edit it. the "Edit" button is not there on the first post, only on this one.

Please replace everywhere it says "Build-A-Bear' with "Personalized Stuffed Animal".

I know it's not a "y" name, but my first thought was Monica...

Cute Idea, although you may want to re-think the "I miss you" and replace with "I;m always thinking of you"... something that will fit after you return...

Will put my thinking cap on!

:D

A~

Maybe....Mony and Archie! Or something to do with ports you are visiting...

Oh and it didn't enter my mind that you were promoting the business - just a mum trying to think of everything! Enjoy your trip!!

Not sure about the names but I wouldn't leave any message saying 'I miss you' 'thinking of you' or whatever as it will only serve to remind them that you're not there and quite possibly make them sadder.

I would go with an upbeat message, since it's your voice anyway that should be enough.

How about a dolphin called Flippy and a lamb called Skippy :D

Not sure if they will have this on your ship, but I was just on the Enchantment and they had "Pets at Sea" in the Centrum. I saw this on the cruise compass and had no clue what it was until I saw it. It's just like Build a Bear where you choose the pet and they have the machine to stuff it and of course you can purchase clothes! Might be a cute idea as a souvenir for your kids to bring them home "pets" from the ship.

Enjoy your childless cruise! After 11 cruises with my daughter I finally went on one without her. (She is now in middle school and I didn't want her to miss school.) She wasn't very happy to be left behind, but she and her dad survived just fine!:p

Archived