List of abbreviations

flintg

At the Princess website, you can click on ships and for each ship, you can look at both the stateroom designations with descriptions and little schematic....and you can look at each deck to see where the various staterooms are located. Everything you'd probably want to know is 'in there' somewhere. It is not the easiest website to navigate so sometimes I've just had to poke around.

It's definitely confusing; sometimes the code is an abbreviation for the actual cabin type, like VS=Vista Suite, PH=Penthouse Suite - but they're mostly just alphabetical codes, where the "lower" letters indicate cabin type (first letter) or desirability (second letter). The As are minisuites, the Bs generally veranda cabins; AA would be the most desireable minisuite, AB the second-most desirable mini, BA the most desirable veranda cabin and so on. There are some oddballs to watch out for, like the minisuites on Coral and Island that don't have verandas, and what constitutes a desirable cabin is in the eye of the beholder. Higher decks and mid-ship location are the higher-priced categories; I prefer stern cabins lower down, which is good for me because they're cheaper! But that's the general idea. As previous posters have suggested, if you look at a deck plan you can get the big picture, although I have a really hard time distiguishing between 5 shades of green, especially on a computer monitor! ;)

Cheers,

Kirsten

Archived