The Best oF Belize ....you suggestions

Jsme

Do a search for the Captain your own boat tour thru Coral Breeze. We did it and it was a blast.

We just booked this one as we will be on the Carnival Dream 12/26/2009. They are very reasonable and they have many tours available. I was pleased with their instant response to our reservations with all the details. Great reviews of this tour company everywhere.

We just booked this one as we will be on the Carnival Dream 12/26/2009. They are very reasonable and they have many tours available. I was pleased with their instant response to our reservations with all the details. Great reviews of this tour company everywhere.

minnesotalady

Check out our photos www.photobucket.com/belize09

Go to the Wet Lizard (a bar/restaurant) very good - try the cashew wine - only made in Belize - excellent!

we also did a trolley/train tour around Belize - well worth the money spent - our guide was excellent -

enjoy your time there, I would love to go back.

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned Cave Tubing, which is an extremely popular excursion in Belize. This is what we did with our day in Belize. We booked independently, online. We booked the earliest tour we could, to leave plenty of time to get back to port. There are numerous companies that are reliable and safe, and a quick search on these boards will tell you which ones are preferred by most travelers.

With a cave-tubing excursion, you start with a one hour bus ride to the caves. We drove through Belize City, getting a look at the capital city, and some informative commentary by our driver/guide. Then, we drove out into the countryside, which was a very eye-opening experience, to see how rural Belizeans live. You then hike about 40 minutes through the jungle, on a well cleared trail until you arrive at the caves. The actual time tubing through the caves, and on the river is about 1-1/2 hrs. Then, the bus ride back through the countryside. Enough time left after the tour to do some quick shopping at the pier area.

We felt we had experienced several interesting things all in one day. Not to mention............................cave tubing is a blast!

Go to the Wet Lizard (a bar/restaurant) very good - try the cashew wine - only made in Belize - excellent!

we also did a trolley/train tour around Belize - well worth the money spent - our guide was excellent -

Where did you find info on trolley/train tour around Belize? Independent or cruise. If you can share email address with trolley I would appreciate it.

Where is the Wet Lizard bar? I saw it in someone elses pictures and it looks like a fun place.

I would also like to know more about the trolley/train tour around Belize. My husband and I aren't into tubing but this sounds like something we would like to do. We're on the Glory the week of Nov 14th. Do you remember how much it was? Thanks

We don't seem to be getting any response to our question about the train/trolley. I am going to make a new thread with the question in the title. Maybe someone with experience will see it and respond.

Thanks, I would really like to know about this. We're leaving on Nov 14th so I would like to know soon. Thanks again!!!!!!

Thanks, I would really like to know about this. We're leaving on Nov 14th so I would like to know soon. Thanks again!!!!!!

We would also be interested in learning about the trolley/train ride. We'll be there in January. Last time my DH went on a horse-riding excursion thru RCI and enjoyed it very much. I hired a female taxi driver to walk with me around town and tell me about the town; it was so interesting and she was great at keeping vendors from bugging me.

Thanks

Kathy:)

I finally found some info on the trolley/train. It is apparently only offered through the cruise lines. (And maybe only through NCL??) It costs $31 and lasts 1 hour. It is an open-air vehicle and includes Baron Bliss Lighthouse, the Governor's Mansion, St. John's Cathedral and the Swing Bridge. A 'local snack' and bottled water are included.

http://www.btia.org/hotels_member_profile.php?member_id=1070

Calypso Train Tours and it does not look like it needs to be booked through the ship. I e mailed them about our trip because I thought it looked like a good thing to do with the little kids after we take the big kids snorkeling, and it doesn't take all that long, either.

Where did you catch the Trolley in Belize?

http://www.btia.org/hotels_member_profile.php?member_id=1070

Calypso Train Tours and it does not look like it needs to be booked through the ship. I e mailed them about our trip because I thought it looked like a good thing to do with the little kids after we take the big kids snorkeling, and it doesn't take all that long, either.

I also emailed Calypso and they replied that they are contracted

thru the cruiselines only. Right now they do not offer the tours thru

Carnival because they do not have enough trolleys. You can book

thru the other lines though.

She also said they would take individuals on a first come first serve

basis if the trolley is not completely book. You can try to get on at

the pier.

We are trying to find an excursion suitable for a 5 year old.

I also emailed Calypso and they replied that they are contracted

thru the cruiselines only. Right now they do not offer the tours thru

Carnival because they do not have enough trolleys. You can book

thru the other lines though.

She also said they would take individuals on a first come first serve

basis if the trolley is not completely book. You can try to get on at

the pier.

We are trying to find an excursion suitable for a 5 year old.

I talked to them, too... SO friendly. They only run Wednesdays in the fall, and you are right, it is through the cruise lines, unfortunately.

HOWEVER -- the zoo is supposed to be really neat for the kids. AND I think we've decided on Caye Caulker for our 4, 5 and 10 year olds... the little kids can stay on the beach with my friend while I take our boys snorkeling off the beach. It should be win/win for us and I won't have to go back to the ship to get them (the younger kids) mid-day, which is what I'd originally considered so I could snorkel with my son, 10.

We took my son and daughter last fall on a cruise and I had them by myself at two of the ports (Georgetown and Cozumel). We had the BEST beach days ever... quiet beaches, they brought their own sand buckets and toys (Jack had snorkel gear) and we spend the whole day relaxing on the beach, playing in the mild surf and on the beach and enjoying the ocean. Sometimes just laid back is the way to go! :)

Archived