Passion Isle by Twister Boat

chukeee

Hi, we went to Cozumel last Jan. and did the twister boat/ Passion Island excursion through the company that was not to reputable:rolleyes: (our tour worked out fine but others didn't). We absolutely loved the island and want to experience it again. The question is , is there any reputable companies that I can book through without going through Carnival and do the twister boat also? Thanks

Hi, we went to Cozumel last Jan. and did the twister boat/ Passion Island excursion through the company that was not to reputable:rolleyes: (our tour worked out fine but others didn't). We absolutely loved the island and want to experience it again. The question is , is there any reputable companies that I can book through without going through Carnival and do the twister boat also? Thanks

www.travelnotes.cc is reputable.

Just be careful, people who book independently for excursions Carnival also offers are now being turned away when they arrive at the excursions. You might be able to book now, but then when you arrive, you could have problems. Word is Playa Mia turned away 40 people that booked independently at the gate, even though they had paid a legitimate agency that had been working with them for years due to this.

See this thread for details:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1069333

Thanks for the replys. I guess if we want to do this, the best way would be through carnival. It sucks as last year we were there about an hour before the carnival tour and got to stay about an hour longer for less $$$. However, the company turned out to be a bunch of scam artists and alot of people lost money.:eek: We were fortunate, although now that I look back, we had a few glitches when booking through them.

We have always done a jeep tour that ends up at Passion Island. Carnival no longer offers this one. I contacted the company to inquire why (too many jeep tours). Anyway, the island is actually "owned" by the company that does the tour (as I was told). We booked our jeep tour through them. Not sure if they offer the twister tour as well. I highly recommend the jeep tour though.

We have done the The Twister to pasion island twice. We loved it, but inquired about getting there on our own because we would like to bring the kids and they are too young for The Twister. The employees told us that we could take a taxi from the pier to the water taxi and take the water taxi to the island. We are not sure we want to go through the effort, but it sounds like it would work. Another bonus to doing it on your own is then you can ride the segways when you get there. I really wanted to ride on them, but they wouldn't let us because we were wearing our Carnival wristbands. The RCCL people got to do it, but not us.

We have done the The Twister to pasion island twice. We loved it, but inquired about getting there on our own because we would like to bring the kids and they are too young for The Twister. The employees told us that we could take a taxi from the pier to the water taxi and take the water taxi to the island. We are not sure we want to go through the effort, but it sounds like it would work. Another bonus to doing it on your own is then you can ride the segways when you get there. I really wanted to ride on them, but they wouldn't let us because we were wearing our Carnival wristbands. The RCCL people got to do it, but not us.

wow! that's good to know...because i had thought about doing that (the segways) as well after arriving via twister. how ridiculous this is all getting with the cruise lines....:mad:

How would I go about planning to use a taxi and then the water taxi? In August my husband and I did the Twister to Passion Island, and like you, would really like to take our kids the next time we go. They are 4 and 6. Depending on the cost and how hard it would be I would probably be willing to go to the effort. Thanks ahead of time for any information you can give! :)

As for the segways, I read on another thread that CCL passengers aren't allowed to use them for liability reasons. One passenger got hurt and is suing or something like that. So they just don't offer that to Carnival anymore.

Just be prepared when and if you do go via taxi and then water taxi...It is a 25-30 min ride on a long bumpy secluded road! Done this through the not so reputable company last yr and was furious, as we spend a good chunk of our time trying to fiqure out how we were getting back.. everyone seemed clueless!! The Island itself is Breathtaking!

Archived