Your Opinon Please

Gypsy-Bear

Here's the situation. DH and I booked the CB repo cruise New York-San Juan back a few months ago, since then we have sold our house and bought a new one. Our original closing date was Nov 27 but for reasons beyond our control it got moved to Oct 21.... two days before we leave for our cruise. We don't want to cancel because we won't get our money back but would be willing to switch to another cruise later in the year. I spoke to my Ta who put a call into Princess and we are apparently "earmarked" for a moveover. Our ship is 62 beds oversold according to my TA. He said "don't hold you breath" and trust me, we're not. Just wondering if others have ever been "earmarked" before if there is even such a thing. We're not looking for a big offer with upgrades and OBC just the opportunity to move to a cruise on another date so we can get settled in our new house and not have to just drop all the boxes and go!

Just arrange a power of atty with someone to represent you at the closing. I did it for my clients dozens of times while they were out of the country. The settlement atty can fax you the closing sheet on the ship. You can allso go in a few days ahead and sign the docs to be held in escrow until the settlement and they can deposit your proceeds dirctly into your account. If they will move you to another cruise then you will luck out. Have agent call and explain the situation and they might make the change sooner than later. Congrads on selling your house.

This is when it pays to have a TA that knows what he/she is doing!! Have your TA be pro-active. Have him/her call Princess and tell them the situation with selling your house. He/she should say that it is understood that you are ear-marked for a move-over offer and that you are offering to move to another date now without extra OBC or an upgrade. Usually, if you are truly ear-marked, they'll jump on the chance.

Here's the situation. DH and I booked the CB repo cruise New York-San Juan back a few months ago, since then we have sold our house and bought a new one. Our original closing date was Nov 27 but for reasons beyond our control it got moved to Oct 21.... two days before we leave for our cruise. We don't want to cancel because we won't get our money back but would be willing to switch to another cruise later in the year. I spoke to my Ta who put a call into Princess and we are apparently "earmarked" for a moveover. Our ship is 62 beds oversold according to my TA. He said "don't hold you breath" and trust me, we're not. Just wondering if others have ever been "earmarked" before if there is even such a thing. We're not looking for a big offer with upgrades and OBC just the opportunity to move to a cruise on another date so we can get settled in our new house and not have to just drop all the boxes and go!

There is no list to be "earmarked" so don't count on a moveover offer, hence your TA telling you don't "hold you breath".

Also nothing will be done as far as moveovers until the week prior anyway.

You should come join our roll call for the cruise. ;)

Archived