Jewel questions

Getting ready to sail on the Jewel. I have seen mentioned, visits to the spa's thermal suite. What exactly is that? Also, can anyone tell me the dining times (Main Dining Room). The first seating seems earlier than I expected. When is the second seating? Thanks for your help.

For cruises out of Boston, RCI has, in the past, changed the normal dining times. We are also on that cruise, and first seating is listed at 5:30 and second at 8:00. We were on the Jewel another year out of Boston, and first seating was at 5:15 and second at 7:45. Other Jewel cruises out of Boston have used the regular dining times of 6 and 8:30. Nothing says these times are set in concrete, they could change, we won't know until we board.

Rita

We just got our cruise docs for 10/27 cruise on the Jewel. We have early seating and it's 5:30. I think I read that late seating is 8:00 p.m. I'm not happy with 5:30.

FYI I believe it has been changed back to 6:00pm. We did call RCL to confirm the time (today).

Don't use the spa.

Just a comment on this : You can book the thermal suite without using the "spa" . . . infact I used the thermal suite a lot while cruising Alaska. It was wonderful. Heated tile loungers, sauna, steam, floor to ceiling windows to look out while lounging. You can buy a package that includes the duration of the cruise - but I think you need to book it the first day. I never had to wait for a lounger, and I loved being able to use it anytime I wanted - especially after a workout or a spin class. No sales pitch, noone looking over your shoulder. Check it out.

Enjoy your cruise! The Jewel is a beautiful ship!

Thanks for the description of the thermal suite. If weather is cool and rainy sounds like it would be a good place to relax, along with the solarium. Thanks also to those who commented on the dining times. Sounds like it changes from sailing to sailing. 5:15 or 5:30 seems very early! We are on the 10/10 sailing, so guess I will have to call since I simply cannot access my e-docs online (I know that has been addressed in other posts). Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the description of the thermal suite. If weather is cool and rainy sounds like it would be a good place to relax, along with the solarium. Thanks also to those who commented on the dining times. Sounds like it changes from sailing to sailing. 5:15 or 5:30 seems very early! We are on the 10/10 sailing, so guess I will have to call since I simply cannot access my e-docs online (I know that has been addressed in other posts). Thanks everyone!

You can call and see what they say, but until you actually board the ship you can't be certain what the actual times will be. It doesn't change constantly but is sometimes adjusted depending on the demographics of the guests that they expect to have on a particular sailing or series of sailings. If 5:30 is too early and 8:00 pm is too late, you might want to sign up for My Time Dining and pick times that will better set your schedule. You can dine at the same time every evening or at different times each night. You will be in a special section of the Deck 5 dining room and will have the same menu as those in traditional dining. We did MTD on the Jewel for the Transatlantic and it worked out quite well for us.:)

Archived