Obstructed View Balconies on the DREAM.. are there any?

cruisinmom68

I called Carnival to see if they could beat pricelines price of $729 on a guaranteed balcony cabin. The girl hummed about it and really tried to talk me out of a a guaranteed balcony saying I would definately get an obstructed view. Okay that was nice of her to warn me BUT I cannot find anything online about the Dream having obstructed view balconies... only oceanview.

Does anyone have an information on this? Thanks so much!

I don't recall that it did either, on other ships the 7A were the obstructed balconies - on the Dream they refer to the 7A as the Cove Balconies. The rep may be thinking that the 7A refers to it being obstructed when it is not. Truly though for most of the cabins their view if you look straight down will now be the Lanai deck not the ocean.

I see what your saying! I hadnt even realized that about the deck below but to be honest I like the balcony for the air... and the daylight. I get really sick in an interior room and will never do that again.

This cruise is just going to be myself and my 7 year old son so I thought it would be nice to have access to the outside without having to leave the room if needed. Especially at $729 for 8 nights. But on the same token I'd rather just have a window room f there is going to be a lifeboat blocking the view (straight out... I wont look down LOL)

I dont see any information online about the DREAM having obstructed balcony staterooms.

No obstructed class as they stated above. Cove balconies are the 7As on deck 2 that some call hull balconies, right over the water. The TA might not know the 7As on Dream are cove balconies, because 7A on Spirit class are obstructed.

Thats perfect! exactly what I wanted to know (and hear). I certainly would be fine with a cove balcony at the guarantee price as that seems to be about as low as a balcony class cabin can go on the dream :)

I dont think a TA can know every class of ship and every category, so they give you a general warning. All the other 7A cabins on Carnival ships .... except for Dream, are obstructed, so I can see how she might think that unless she was well versed on the new Dream.

If I book a 1A that I know has 2 beds on the floor and port holes, TAs always warn me that I might have bunk beds ... they really dont know, maybe they read from a script?

I think the TA who told you that, just isnt aware the 7As on Dream are different from other 7As.

Maybe what she means is that the lifeboats are right above the cove balconys...it looks like they might be. Also the cove balconys are mostly on deck 2 and there is alot of activity above. Thats why i got a room on deck 6 right in the front....just a window....i would be crazy to change it...at least i know i have rooms above me ...They also wanted more in price for a cove balcony than the room i got. Hopefully it will be a good room. Its pretty cold on the balconys in the winter going out of NYC. I always get a balcony but not this time...im in an oceanview.

Archived