uniworld europe dinner dress?

terrya

Hi - I posted earlier but no response. I'm packing and need to know if I need to dress up for Captain's dinners on this riverboat cruise or are slacks and sweater good enough? Also would appreciate any tips on Budapest and Amsterdam. Thanks. Terry

On our Avalon cruises most people dressed a little nicer than they did normally ... I always take nice black slacks and several fancy tops. That's what I wore. My husband had dress slacks and a dress shirt. I have seen folks dress up with tux and fancy cocktail dress down to jeans and a sweater ... I rather doubt that Uniworld is any different than Avalon on the dress code ...

Just enjoy ... I'm sure that no one remembered that I wore the same top three times on our two week trip earlier this year ...

Webfoot is right on the dress for dinner.

The Welcome and Farewell dinners are a little dressier, but even those are not what I would call formal.

I wore dress pants and a really nice blouse for the night after the Captains Welcome dinner and felt like an idiot. I was way too over dressed.

From that night on it was quite casual for dinner for me.

My recent experience on a Uniworld Paris to Normandy cruise was that everyone dressed nicely every night for dinner, and on the welcome and farewell dinner nights there were even long skirts on some women. Those nights I think all the men wore suits and ties. I was actually surprised how well dressed everyone was for dinner each night. I had thought on some of the tour days, folks would just wear the clothes they toured in, but not the case, at least on this particular cruise. I was comfortable with black slacks and various dressy tops, although not beaded or sparkly.

We recently got off the River Ambassador (GREAT CRUISE). Dinner was very comfortable. I don't recall seeing a tie even at the welcome or departure dinners. For those most me wore pants and polo type shirt or a sport jacket. The other dinners were equally informal.

We have been on 6 Uniworld cruises and for some unknown reason, passengers on the Rhone seem to wear dressier clothes at dinner. Especially those travelling for the first time. On our other cruises it was casual wear. Many days you have been out all afternoon and really don't have a lot of time to shower and change before dinner. We have now cruised with Uniworld, Vantage, Viking and AMA--Uniworld remains out favorite. Pat

We traveled on Uniworld this past May on the Rhone and found ourselves to be 1 of approx. 20 US couples aboard. We had a delightful cruise with many Australians, and folks from England and New Zealand. With that said, the majority of people were more formally dressed than what I have read from others experiences. Most men wore jacket and tie and the ladies wore cocktail dresses. I always feel it's best to be prepared, so I would pack a nice dress. I think our neighbors abroad are not as casual as Americans.

Archived