Review of the Inaurgual Dream Cruise

GlendaleCruiser

Thank you for your pics! I cant wait, less than 70 days left! We have a lido deck balcony.. foward though and looking at the deck plans, it looks like we are where the lanai starts curving back in.. think we should be okay??

I think you are going to have the most wonderful vacation EVER.

On the Carnival dot com site. There was a video with Joe Farcus

he said the Dream did not have a specific theme. He said everything

was just design. That is probably why you couldn't figure out a

theme.

That makes sense, but I figured it was just me being dense.

It has a real Art Deco feel to it, with the murals and the mosaic pillars in the public areas. The atrium is facsinating with lights within the glass that light up and go off randomly.

Fun ship, fun time, all good.

That makes sense, but I figured it was just me being dense.

It has a real Art Deco feel to it, with the murals and the mosaic pillars in the public areas. The atrium is facsinating with lights within the glass that light up and go off randomly.

Fun ship, fun time, all good.

I will get to see for myself, I leave for Rome next week and will board the

Dream for the Transatlantic. :D:D

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Dream. I am still amazed at how few threads there are on the Dream since she has taken her first voyage.

I just have a feeling that many people are still dealing with jet lag and being back at work. I could really have typed pages and pages, but thought I would hit the highlights as everyone wants to know about the ship. We did so much on the 12-day and we had spent 3 days in Rome previous to that. There might be more posted in awhile on the roll call, but it hasn't been yet. I am waiting for our group pic from the m&g to be posted, too.

Thank you so much for the review! We're going on the dream in december and we can't wait :)

It's a great ship and although I thought it was a little big for my taste, I got to love it and now I'm excited about the Magic coming out in 2 years. I think I am going to save for another Inaugural voyage and we will see if they acknowledge it as such since John H will be on board to take her out.

Maam,

First thank you for your kind review and pictures.

Welcome home!:cool:

The ship being the largest Carnival Corp. ever commissioned is a feat in itself!~:cool:

We will be aboard in 2 8E Cabins, God willing a few cabins from where yours were Amidship on 11/15/2009 A.D. , yes the first R/T from NYC, NY to its new Carnival Home Port.

We are going for the ship not the Ports of Call as leaving from NYC, NY is so much nicer and easier than flying to Florida again, again and again..

I hope you used your Shareholder OBC benefit too(?)

It's a great ship and although I thought it was a little big for my taste, I got to love it and now I'm excited about the Magic coming out in 2 years. I think I am going to save for another Inaugural voyage and we will see if they acknowledge it as such since John H will be on board to take her out.

So am I right by this there are no loung chairs on the deck up from the pool like on others it's dinning tables and also is there a second pool up there like all the rest?

There is one level up with tables and chairs and the another level up with loungers. All can see the screen and the pool.

How would you rate the food?

Some of it was great, some not so much. I would skip the stroganoff. There were no noodles so it was essentially a bowl of meat and gravy.

I've better lobster. It seemed a little underdone to me and I was sorry for that as I had really looked forward to it.

Escargot was the best! Had it one night and the second time they served it, I ordered two.

BBQ ribs were best ever, too.

Desserts are always good: #1 Bitter and Blanc, #2 Grand Marnier Souffle, #3 Warm chocolate melting cake.

Archived