Info needed about Princess Crown?????

chrisahx

Hello,

I've found two cruises I am interested in. One is a Celebrity cruise and the other is on the Princess Crown. I found good deals on suites with both. (Mini -suite on Princess) so I'm trying to find out what its like? From reading about a "mini suite" on this ship, it seems bigger than a sky suite on Celebrity? Do you get similar or better service/amenities in a mini-suite on Princess?

I've seen a pic of the suite and its beautiful, I would just like more info about the added benefits you get on Princess, if any when staying in a mini-suite? Do they offer any type of club lounge where you can get hors de ourves and comp cocktails if in a mini-suite? What about priority luggage and pre-boarding?

Also some basic info on what the food is like and what this ship is like (ie; how old, etc) will be appreciated.

Hello,

I've found two cruises I am interested in. One is a Celebrity cruise and the other is on the Princess Crown. I found good deals on suites with both. (Mini -suite on Princess) so I'm trying to find out what its like? From reading about a "mini suite" on this ship, it seems bigger than a sky suite on Celebrity? Do you get similar or better service/amenities in a mini-suite on Princess?

I've seen a pic of the suite and its beautiful, I would just like more info about the added benefits you get on Princess, if any when staying in a mini-suite? Do they offer any type of club lounge where you can get hors de ourves and comp cocktails if in a mini-suite? What about priority luggage and pre-boarding?

Also some basic info on what the food is like and what this ship is like (ie; how old, etc) will be appreciated.

Having just been on the Crown Princess in a minisuite, the ship is really nice. We have taken a junior suite on RCL and they don't give you the nice bathroom amenities like Princess does. The only other perk you would get in a mini on Princess is a pair of houseslippers. The only lounge on board is for Elite and full suite passengers, but the cocktails aren't comp. Only the hors d'oeurves are. If you are in a full suite on Princess you will get priority everything and free internet as well as special breakfasts. I'm not really familiar with the different suites on Celebrity.

Having just been on the Crown Princess in a minisuite, the ship is really nice. We have taken a junior suite on RCL and they don't give you the nice bathroom amenities like Princess does. The only other perk you would get in a mini on Princess is a pair of houseslippers. The only lounge on board is for Elite and full suite passengers, but the cocktails aren't comp. Only the hors d'oeurves are. If you are in a full suite on Princess you will get priority everything and free internet as well as special breakfasts. I'm not really familiar with the different suites on Celebrity.
In our two cruises on Princess, including one on Crown, we didn't get slippers.

Hello,

I assume you're aware of sky suite amenities on Ceebrity, such as butler service and thalassotherapy pool access.

As others mentioned, there are no "equivalent" amenities attached to minisuites.

However, the mini on Princess is larger and better in design than Celebrity's sky suite.

Given the choice, I'd opt for a Princess mini over a sky suite. Butler service and the thalassotheray access were nice extras,

but the mini accomodation trumps the sky suite, which is simply a larger cabin area.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do;jsessionid=0000R9T2fmrfRf2TdtRvf2X8A9v:12hdebdrn?br=C&cabinType=SS&cabincls=D&shipCode=MR

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/staterooms/index.jsp

The food over time can vary on any cruise. The driving force for any reataurant is the executive chef.

Ship's restaurants are not exempt from that rule.

The staff follows his lead. All ships have basically the same per passenger food budget.

If the executive chef demands quality, then the food can be quite good.

I understand Celebrity has a reputation for food "excellence". That held true during my experience on Mercury.

Celebrity may demand more emphasis on quality from their chefs than other lines.

The meals I've had on Princess cruises has ranged from average to good, with very diverse menus.

The specialty (extra fee) venues receive excellent comments.

Archived