Looking for Royal Family Suite info and photos on the Navigator

I hope they did something in the rooms - our OS on Navigator last November was not in a really good condition.

Back to your FS-question: I guess the Royal Familiy Suites on Voyager-ships are nearly the same as on Freedom-class (same layout, little bit bigger...) - here you can find some Pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/swisscruiser/FS8414IndependenceOfTheSeas and a short review http://swisscruiser.blogspot.com/2009/05/review-cabin-8414-cat-fs.html of cabin #8414 @ IOS. We loved the huge balcony with the big table - it was great for breakfast with an amazing view... especially the overlooking view in the ports was great. If they did some refurbishing it may be similar with one of those IOS-cabins... .

Enjoy it... ;).

Guacamole

Check out this site for room pictures and post some of yours if you can. This is a great resource for everyone.

www.*****

http://www.*****/room_list.php?ship=26

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all you lovely helpful people on these threads! I too would really love to see some RECENT pics of the RFS on the Mariner. I have booked it for Thanksgiving 2011. And all the pics I can access from this thread had some pretty tired looking furniture and decor. If anyone out there has anything recent from the Mariner on this suite -- would LOVE to see them. THANK YOU!

Celebrity Century 2010

Celebrity Solstice 2010

I am wondering about the price of the RFS compared to getting 3 cabins for 7 people. I see you have to call and cannot price it online. I am planning to book 2 balcony cabins and 1 interior and am curious as to how much more the RFS would be. Thanks.

I am wondering about the price of the RFS compared to getting 3 cabins for 7 people. I see you have to call and cannot price it online. I am planning to book 2 balcony cabins and 1 interior and am curious as to how much more the RFS would be. Thanks.

This may not always be true, but generally I've found the Royal Family Suite is priced the same as an Owner's Suite for that cruise - for the 1st and 2nd passengers. Then passengers 3 - 8 (must have a minimum 5 for RFS) are priced at whatever they are charging for 3/4th passengers in a suite on that cruise (which can be different than 3/4th in non-suite).

So it depends on what they are charging for the balcony and interior cabins....but it's a quick way to compare without having to call them yet. I think the RFS may come out pretty close to 2 balconies and an interior. The square footage is approx the same as those three cabins put together, but the balcony space would be much more than the total of two 'regular' balconies. But you would have two bathrooms instead of 3.

Hi Marie -- I just reasearched this last night for 6 people. We have decided on the RFS. here is what I have found out. I can only speak for OUR cruise which is a Thanksgiving Cruise so price might be higher. Here are the combinations I looked at, prices listed include tax AND grats.

Option #1: 3 cabins, D1 balcony and two K insides - $6673.40

Option #2: 2 cabins, Grand Suite connecting to D1 balcony - $7160.20

Option #3: 1 cabin, Royal Family Suite - $6771.70

We went with option #3. We will only have two bathrooms and two bedrooms vs 3 of each in option #1. BUT we will have a gathering area/living room. A huge balcony and a dining room table (two! one inside one outside) so we can order room service and just hang out and visit as a family. I have given this a lot of consideration and have decided the the RFS is the way to go for us. You can call a TA or RC and they will tell you over the phone the cost for the RFS. You need a minimum of people, usually. Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello to all you lovely helpful people on these threads! I too would really love to see some RECENT pics of the RFS on the Mariner. I have booked it for Thanksgiving 2011. And all the pics I can access from this thread had some pretty tired looking furniture and decor. If anyone out there has anything recent from the Mariner on this suite -- would LOVE to see them. THANK YOU!

Celebrity Century 2010

Celebrity Solstice 2010

You are thinking along the same line I was. Just 5 months and we will be boarding, I know the Navigator has dry docked since we were on her last. I would love to see some recent photos of the Royal Family Suite.

• 6 years later...

Resurrecting this thread as we are staying in RFS 9394 on the Navigator in April 2017. I am looking for some recent pics. It's my understanding that there's been a referb since these pics were posted?

TIA!