Waitlist????

chrisahx

I am looking at two different 7 night Caribbean cruises on Princess. One leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale the other out of San Juan. There are 3 adults traveling, so we need a Mini-Suite. This category of room shows available on both Prncess' website and Internet travel agency websites. However afer you put in all your details it shows "Waitlist" where normally the cabin # would be?

Why would they advertise and sell this category of suite if they are all reserved? This makes no sense as the chance of people cancelling seems very low to me. Can somone pease explain the process to me about what would happen if I paid for this? I certainly don't want to book a mini-suite and then end up later on getting just a regular balcony room. There are 3 of us going and we need to make suire we get enough space. I realize that some regular cabins might offer a sofa bed, but that is not an option we want. I want to be able to book and get the category I pay for. This seems very odd to me, especially since its showing up this way of different dates AND even on different itenieraries.

This means the type of room you want is currently booked. If you choose to waitlist for a minisuite you will be notified if a room in that category becomes available. The problem is that if one does not become available then you don't get to go. I would prefer to book a guarantee which means you get the category you booked or higher not a waitlist which means you may or may not get on the ship and with the airfare to San Juan I would not book that at all. I probably would book from Ft. Lauderdale since I can drive there. If I was in California I would not even think about it.

I am looking at two different 7 night Caribbean cruises on Princess. One leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale the other out of San Juan. There are 3 adults traveling, so we need a Mini-Suite. This category of room shows available on both Prncess' website and Internet travel agency websites. However afer you put in all your details it shows "Waitlist" where normally the cabin # would be?

Why would they advertise and sell this category of suite if they are all reserved? This makes no sense as the chance of people cancelling seems very low to me. Can somone pease explain the process to me about what would happen if I paid for this? I certainly don't want to book a mini-suite and then end up later on getting just a regular balcony room. There are 3 of us going and we need to make suire we get enough space. I realize that some regular cabins might offer a sofa bed, but that is not an option we want. I want to be able to book and get the category I pay for. This seems very odd to me, especially since its showing up this way of different dates AND even on different itenieraries.

It is showing waitlisted because the availability is for two persons, not three. The minis come with a sofa, but some of them are not sleepers. Regular cabins (i.e. balconies) do not have sofas at all.

Archived