disappointed with NCL booking

beach gramma

I had booked my cruise for 3/21/2010 directly thru NCL in May. At that time the cost was $669 for a balcony and $ 429 for an inside. There will be 2 people in each cabin . Today I noted that on the NCL website the cost was listed as $579 for the balcony and $379 for the inside. When I called and spoke to a consultant, she told me that the actual cost for the balcony was $ 599 (website was not up to date)and the inside was $379. All I was able to get was a total of $55 onboard credit for the 4 of us. $15 for the inside and $40 for the balcony. Is this typical or should I have been more vocal-- could I have done anything else to get myself a better deal? Any advice on what I could do if the price drops again?

since you are outside the cancellation period you could have cancelled and rebooked under current promotions. Also if it drops again OUTSIDE of final payment date you can rebook or you can upgrade to better cabins if they have dropped in price compared to what you paid.

Only one question. Was there some on board credit attached to the $669 balcony and $429 inside?

I've always heard that NCL honors price reductions as long as it doesn't say "for new bookings only." And actually, as far off as your cruise is, next March, you could actually cancel with no penalty and re-book as a new booking if it came to that. But if there were any OBC with the original booking you'd lose it with the newer booking.

If there WAS an OBC with the first booking, subtract that amount from the fares and then add the $55 and see if it works out evenly. I'm stumped otherwise.

Last year I was booked on the Jade out of Barcelona. I found a sale that was buy 1 get 1 half. It also said new bookings only. At the last minute I decided to just call and ask and my PCC gave me the sale price right away, a savings of $800.00. I would definitely call back again, and keep calling back when you see a price drop anytime before final pymt.

No there was no OBC when I booked the first time. However I did get the $ 200/ cabin downpayment which was supposed to be a deal I guess. Also I am hoping that the cabin that we have is nice --9738 which is an aft-- I had hoped to get on deck 10 but that was not available. I really do not want to cancel and book a cabin that I might like less. The inside cabin is 9729 which I think is fairly close so I really do not want to choose a different cabin that is too far away.

i had booked my cruise for 3/21/2010 directly thru ncl in may. At that time the cost was $669 for a balcony and $ 429 for an inside. There will be 2 people in each cabin . Today i noted that on the ncl website the cost was listed as $579 for the balcony and $379 for the inside. When i called and spoke to a consultant, she told me that the actual cost for the balcony was $ 599 (website was not up to date)and the inside was $379. All i was able to get was a total of $55 onboard credit for the 4 of us. $15 for the inside and $40 for the balcony. Is this typical or should i have been more vocal-- could i have done anything else to get myself a better deal? Any advice on what i could do if the price drops again?

sue sue sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had booked my cruise for 3/21/2010 directly thru NCL in May. At that time the cost was $669 for a balcony and $ 429 for an inside. There will be 2 people in each cabin . Today I noted that on the NCL website the cost was listed as $579 for the balcony and $379 for the inside. When I called and spoke to a consultant, she told me that the actual cost for the balcony was $ 599 (website was not up to date)and the inside was $379. All I was able to get was a total of $55 onboard credit for the 4 of us. $15 for the inside and $40 for the balcony. Is this typical or should I have been more vocal-- could I have done anything else to get myself a better deal? Any advice on what I could do if the price drops again?

I checked our 2/3 sailing out of NY this morning. Our category had dropped $300. I called NCL and initially the PCC could not retrieve the price I saw online. When I told him I had found it via their website, he said he would check & call me back. He did so in about 5 minutes and everything was adjusted. We only lost our $50 onboard credit so we are still $250 ahead. I alerted others in group that were in an inside cabin (we are in an oceanview). They checked, called and saved over $500. Those in our group in balcony cabins did not have a price reduction. I really think it depends on who you speak with.

Keep on their back if it drops again before final payment date. Sometimes it is better to book through a travel agent, it never costs more and you may safe a little, but then look at it this way: you were happy with the price you got and if the price had gone up, no one would have charged you more, so you came out ok. I am surprised at the $15 OBC, I never heard of that before.

Nita

you should call back and speak to somebody else. You should have gotten a total of $160 deducted or OBC.

While it says balconies are $579 that is not for every balcony. Based on your cabin # 0f 9738 you are in a BA cabin which is priced at $639. You should get $60 off for that cabin.

Your other cabin #9729 is a JJ and is in fact priced at $379 pp so you should get $100 off for that cabin for a total of $160.

I have never heard that excuse before, that the website isn't up to date???

CALL BACK.

Bill

Bill,

Is it best to call back sooner rather than later? Should I speak to the same person or try my luck with someone else? I understand what the price was when I booked but I thought that there was a chance for a better deal if the price went down before my final payment was due. I really only want the OBC so they would be getting that money back anyway and it would go along way towards customer satisfaction and good will.

Bill,

Is it best to call back sooner rather than later? Should I speak to the same person or try my luck with someone else? I understand what the price was when I booked but I thought that there was a chance for a better deal if the price went down before my final payment was due. I really only want the OBC so they would be getting that money back anyway and it would go along way towards customer satisfaction and good will.

The longer you wait to call back, the more likely it is that the price will change (usually higher). I would call back right away. If you aren't able to get the result you want by talking with a representative, ask to speak with a supervisor. I have NEVER had a problem getting a price adjustment on NCL.

Good luck!

Bill,

I would call back NOW. The prices could go up at any time and then you will be out in the cold. I certainly wouldn't talk to the same person since they didn't know what they were doing earlier.

All cruiselines have reps that don't know what they are doing. Pick a cruise line and call 3 times and ask the same question. Chances are you will get 3 different answers.

Good Luck

Bill

Archived