Television Channels on Carnival

stevenr597

Thanks for the info. I figured it had something to do with the signal but it just always seemed odd to be in Grand Turk, St. Thomas etc. and see the local Denver news channels.:D

Especially in the winter months and the Denver station is reporting on major snow issues and you're hot and sticky from the sun! :D

I agree with the original poster. Carnival's TV package is pitiful. I would love to see Fox News. (By the way, Fox News crushes every other cable news station when it comes to ratings, so someone is watching!) I would also love to see ESPN (a Disney owned company), NBC Sports Network or even ESPN News just to keep up with the sporting news.

"Someone is watching" ... And that right there is what is wrong with America :-)

Frankly, I get my news from NPR. TV news will rot your brain.

They had ESPN on my HAL cruise, so somewhere in Carnival Corp it's part of the Package. Plus, I bet they have it in the sports bar?

I don't think the TV channels are a big factor when determining ROI for the investment. It doesn't seem like they would gain enough additional cruisers to offset the cost of adding in room TV Channels. They have a satellite service that feeds all staterooms on all ships for the network channels. I can see where it wouldn't be much of a value add based on any retention/new business for the cost.

However... remember the sports bar and other public areas have more channels that the staterooms. I assume this is because buying the sports package is per TV unit. On the Carnival Victory, we spent a few hours in the sports bar watching the basketball tournament since my husband is from Louisville. We couldn't get those channels in our room, but the sports bar was very accomodating and even helped us all organize so those who wanted to watch the same games were seated in front of that TV and those who wanted to watch other sports, were on the other side of the bar. They had multiple televisions.

They might switch to news channels if they have them for you if there aren't a lot of folks watching sports. We just bought a soda, tipped the bartender well since we weren't really drinking and hung out to watch the playoffs.

Archived