Confirmation of OBC??

aeronan

Purchased cruise through TA. At time when booking there was a huge OBC. I have now checked in with NCL online. Should I now be able to see that the OBC has been added to my account somewhere? Our cruise leaves in Dec. Is there anyway I can confirm. I don't want to end up onboard & no OBC & having to argue with customer service. Any suggestions?

Things may work different over here for NCL but when I booked through a TA for my last two trips, I had the TA verify in an email what the OBC was and took it with me on the ship (not that it would have mattered, I think they would have simply said that's between you and your TA, have a enjoy your cruise). I went down to the purser's desk and asked before we set sail. It didn't show on the RCCL site, as a matter of fact it didn't show until 1 day into my sailing.

Things may work different over here for NCL but when I booked through a TA for my last two trips, I had the TA verify in an email what the OBC was and took it with me on the ship (not that it would have mattered, I think they would have simply said that's between you and your TA, have a enjoy your cruise). I went down to the purser's desk and asked before we set sail. It didn't show on the RCCL site, as a matter of fact it didn't show until 1 day into my sailing.

We always take PROOF of OBC with us in the form of a specific email from our TA. Agree that many times the OBC does not show up on our account until a day or later in the cruise. The last two NCL cruises we had a printed card placed on the bed by our room steward verifying the amount of OBC we had available, so a trip to the front desk was not necessary.

You should have access to your invoice from NCL regardless of who you booked with. At least I have when I booked with a TA on our last 2 cruises. On your invoice, your OBC will be listed.

mrlddst's advice to bring the document showing your OBC with you on your cruise is smart.

sometimes the OBC is something the TA buys and has delivered to your room on a three part card form. It may or may not appear on your record at NCL. Have the documentation with you, if they don't have it when you board you may have to wait until you get home to sort it out...hopefully it wont ruin your trip...

sometimes the OBC is something the TA buys and has delivered to your room on a three part card form. It may or may not appear on your record at NCL. Have the documentation with you, if they don't have it when you board you may have to wait until you get home to sort it out...hopefully it wont ruin your trip...

And it sure as heck beats a bottle of wine as a bon voyage gift! We've been pleasantly surprised on a couple of occasions by an OBC from our TA.

Often TA OBCs don't show up until 2 days into the cruise and that is obviously very frustrating to all guests.

Even if you get the TA to send you an email that says you have the credit, NCL will not care unless it shows up on their computer while on board, and if you don't get it then you don't get it.

So because they do it this way guests are left HOPING for the best till it shows up.

Once our EDocs became available we have been able to see both the OBC we got as a promo from NCL and the OBC we purchased through World Points. The only thing we can't see if the slot play we purchased through World Points but that is to be expected. We are taking the reciept for all of them just in case, but as others have said I fear a reciept from a TA would not carry that much weight once you are onboard.

As far as it taking a few days to show up on your OBC, we have had promo OBC show up the minute we were onboard the ship, and we have had it show up two days later, all of it from NCL, not a TA (since we don't use a TA). Our last cruise on the Pearl we were told that OBC's are not automatically generated to your OBC through any computer program, but rather the ship is given a list of who gets what OBC and someone there in accounting manually inputs that info onto each of the guests onboard account. That is why they said some times it is there when we board and some times it takes a day or two.

Thanks guys for the very helpful info. I think I'll start with getting my TA to send me confirmation. We have 2 cabins booked, so it is a pretty significant OBC. On one of our previous cruises (not with NCL) we were supposed to have an OBC & we forgot all about it until we got our bill on the last day;) When we asked about it at the purser's desk, they said if you had of mentioned it on the first day we could have done something about it. It was only $50, so we didn't argue it. But this one is a lot more!!

Once our EDocs became available we have been able to see both the OBC we got as a promo from NCL and the OBC we purchased through World Points. The only thing we can't see if the slot play we purchased through World Points but that is to be expected. We are taking the reciept for all of them just in case, but as others have said I fear a reciept from a TA would not carry that much weight once you are onboard.

As far as it taking a few days to show up on your OBC, we have had promo OBC show up the minute we were onboard the ship, and we have had it show up two days later, all of it from NCL, not a TA (since we don't use a TA). Our last cruise on the Pearl we were told that OBC's are not automatically generated to your OBC through any computer program, but rather the ship is given a list of who gets what OBC and someone there in accounting manually inputs that info onto each of the guests onboard account. That is why they said some times it is there when we board and some times it takes a day or two.

I called NCL for an amenity confirmation and it included the slot play I received from Worldpoints. I booked through a TA.

Archived