Pesos Needed?

librarylady19

We are planning to rent a car and touring the e. side of the island for the day. I have read about how some places give a less than favorable exchange rate for the dollar. Would it be advisable to take pesos instead or is plastic rather than cash (pesos or dollars) the way to go?

You can get a taxi at the port that will take you around the island and stop at the best spots and bars. We did it this past March off the Glory. Great trip. Taxi was about a hundred bucks for the four of us. Great tour. They will get you back to the ship on time. Just take small money and you should have no problems. Prices are in Pesos and dollars.

You can get a taxi at the port that will take you around the island and stop at the best spots and bars. We did it this past March off the Glory. Great trip. Taxi was about a hundred bucks for the four of us. Great tour. They will get you back to the ship on time. Just take small money and you should have no problems. Prices are in Pesos and dollars.

Can you get a taxi to take you to the ruins at Tulum and will they let you get out and walk around? I would like to see the ruins but don't know if I want to take 7 hours to see them. Is there away to see them in less time? I guess I should ask you how long did you have the cab for for your $100 fare? Thanks!

We are planning to rent a car and touring the e. side of the island for the day. I have read about how some places give a less than favorable exchange rate for the dollar. Would it be advisable to take pesos instead or is plastic rather than cash (pesos or dollars) the way to go?
My husband traded some dollars for pesos before one of our cruises; he thought it'd be fun for the kids to have pesos. They were actually hard to spend. Everything in the shops was marked in dollars, and we had to translate the cost into pesos. We agreed that we wouldn't do it again.
Can you get a taxi to take you to the ruins at Tulum and will they let you get out and walk around? I would like to see the ruins but don't know if I want to take 7 hours to see them. Is there away to see them in less time? I guess I should ask you how long did you have the cab for for your $100 fare? Thanks!
Only if the taxi is part boat. Tulum is not on the island of Cozumel; it's on the mainland, and getting there means taking a taxi/bus/whatever to a ferry, then taking a second taxi/bus/whatever to the ruins . . . then doing it all again to get back. If you visit the ruins, it will be an all-day affair.

Archived