Is it woth the money to.......?

tyd

My DH and I are booked in a mid-ship OV cabin on the Riviera deck of the Freedom sailinhg on 11/15/09. I really would like to try a balcony cabin mid-ship and there are some still available. This is our second cruise, we recently sailed the Imagination in Aug 2009. However, when I called yesterday I was told it would be $420 to upgrade:(. I have the $$$, but really don't want to spend that much for an upgrade. I would hop on it immediately if it was $200 or less:).

Does anyone know how Carnival decides who they'll call for an upgrade/upsell and at what time point prior to the cruise do they start making the calls?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

The upsell thingy is really kinda hit and miss and a bit of a mystery...

I've had upgrades but never an upsell call...

I'd suggest that you contact your PVP. Let him/her know that if the upsell for a balcony drops into your tolerable price range that you'd like to be the first to get a call...

Good luck!!

:)

My DH and I are booked in a mid-ship OV cabin on the Riviera deck of the Freedom sailinhg on 11/15/09. I really would like to try a balcony cabin mid-ship and there are some still available. This is our second cruise, we recently sailed the Imagination in Aug 2009. However, when I called yesterday I was told it would be $420 to upgrade:(. I have the $$$, but really don't want to spend that much for an upgrade. I would hop on it immediately if it was $200 or less:).

Does anyone know how Carnival decides who they'll call for an upgrade/upsell and at what time point prior to the cruise do they start making the calls?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I really can't say what they'd do cuz I don't know but there's a couple things I would try. Call back and ask the same question to someone else. Then when you get the price tell them its too much but you would be willing to offer $200. Of course they'll say no but then ask for a supervisor. You might get lucky. The other thing I would try is an upgrade at the pier. I've never done it but if there's a few balcony cabins open you might get lucky there. Other than that I don't know.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I called Carnival on several occasions and the upgrader/upsell price was avg same price. It has come down approx $100 because a few weeks ago is was over $500 to change.

I will try the inside sales dept tomorrow as no one was available over the weekend when I called. I also sent an email and am waiting to hear back from them. Believe it or not, I am a TA, new in the industry though, and Cruising and Cruises are new to me. Never was really interested in them until my first one this past August when I booked our annual family reunion on the Imagination. Still not exactly sure how I feel about them yet, however, my DH and youngest son loved it.

Tanya

The upsell thingy is really kinda hit and miss and a bit of a mystery...

I've had upgrades but never an upsell call...

I'd suggest that you contact your PVP. Let him/her know that if the upsell for a balcony drops into your tolerable price range that you'd like to be the first to get a call...

Good luck!!

:)

I don't think calling your PVP will be of any help. We had a upsell call and I told them no then called my PVP with some other questions and he said that they weren't privy to that imformation and couldn't help on that. We are in a 11 and they wanted us to have a 12 for $600 more. My PVP said that was a very good price though.

Archived