???? where will we spirit cruisers go???

mag

Here we are in SD and can see the ship...and Rick is going to be exactly where we are going...where will we go?? No news from Carnival and nothing on their website...oh well, we are on vacation and we are going to have FUN whatever we do!!!!! Its a mystery at this point and it should be interesting. We will be getting on in about 3 hours and it may be a hell of a ride! Wish us luck!

Catalina, Ensenada. Maybe Astoria, San Francisco.

If you do go to Astoria the Marine Museum is top notch.

Personally I am wishing for Hawaii LOL, but I am guessing that hopefully we can go around and do our cruise backwards and go to Manzanillo first...depending on how long Rick sticks around. I am pacing with anticipation and driving my DH crazy.

My DH tried to call the 800 # they give you for this type of thing but he didn't want to sit on hold. He will be using the internet onboard for work (UGH!) so maybe we will keep in touch here and there.

2 more hours...

That's the first thing I thought of: HAWAII.

But in reality, either you'll do a slow putt putt southward until Rick comes inland, or (HORRORS) to LA or SF. Doesn't make it easy thinking how to pack! Either way, make the best of it.

And if desired, don't forget you have an opportunity to cancel with a full refund within a time period after Carnival announces an itinerary change.

I too am curious as to what is going to happen. Getting to Cabo will take a full sea day and from what I have read, Hurricane Rick is *supposed* to hit the Baja Wednesday. Well, that might actually give you enough time to get down there and at least enjoy Cabo before your 2 full sea days coming back to Ensenada :p

Here is what I think the new itinerary will be:

Cabo

Ensenada

Catalina

Bunch of sea days in between to make up for the 8 day cruise.

Looks like Carnival just updated their site with the information:

"October 18, 2009 – 2:00 PM

We are closely monitoring Hurricane Rick which has developed off the west coast of Mexico. This storm is forecast to make landfall on the southern tip of Baja California on Wednesday.

Due to the location of this storm, the following are the itinerary plans for the Carnival Splendor and Carnival Spirit departures today (October 18, 2009):

Carnival Splendor – The ship will visit Ensenada on Monday, Puerta Vallarta on Thursday and Cabo San Lucas on Friday.

Carnival Spirit – At this time, the ship is planning to operate the scheduled itinerary. However, changes may be required based on the actual path and speed of the storm.

Our highly trained officers and crew will do everything possible to minimize the impact to the cruise experience for our guests. The ships will navigate at a safe distance from the storm at all times. Carnival’s number one priority is the safety of our guests and crew.

This information will be updated if any additional changes are required."

TROPICAL UPDATE

October 18, 2009 – 2:00 PM

We are closely monitoring Hurricane Rick which has developed off the west coast of Mexico. This storm is forecast to make landfall on the southern tip of Baja California on Wednesday.

Due to the location of this storm, the following are the itinerary plans for the Carnival Splendor and Carnival Spirit departures today (October 18, 2009):

Carnival Splendor – The ship will visit Ensenada on Monday, Puerta Vallarta on Thursday and Cabo San Lucas on Friday.

Carnival Spirit – At this time, the ship is planning to operate the scheduled itinerary. However, changes may be required based on the actual path and speed of the storm.

Our highly trained officers and crew will do everything possible to minimize the impact to the cruise experience for our guests. The ships will navigate at a safe distance from the storm at all times. Carnival’s number one priority is the safety of our guests and crew.

This information will be updated if any additional changes are required.

Today, Monday, it's 73 degrees, and we're expecting sun at least part of the day. No white caps in our bays, and water temperature is 84. Air temperature is expected to be 85, no rain at all.:)

Thank you for this update!!

My parents are on board and as much as I would love them to post online, they probably won't think of it! :p

If you get the chance, please update again soon.

Any news on changing your course? Let us know!

Thanks!

Thank you for this update!!

My parents are on board and as much as I would love them to post online, they probably won't think of it! :p

If you get the chance, please update again soon.

Any news on changing your course? Let us know!

Thanks!

My daughter is also on the Spirit. Keep us updated. Many thanks! I will post if I hear from her.

Has there been any more news on the Spirit?:confused:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3487

star2.bmpCarnival Spirit, which left Sunday from San Diego for Mexico, will also sail an altered itinerary. The eight-day cruise will now operate as follows: sea days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Acapulco originally scheduled for Wednesday); Acapulco on Thursday; Manzanillo on Friday; at sea on Saturday; Long Beach on Sunday; return to San Diego on Monday.

I have a question. Is Carnival's terminal the only cruise ship terminal in Long Beach? I know there are some in San Pedro. I don't see how the Spirit and Splendor can be there both at the same time, since there is only one berth.

Here we are in SD and can see the ship...and Rick is going to be exactly where we are going...where will we go?? No news from Carnival and nothing on their website...oh well, we are on vacation and we are going to have FUN whatever we do!!!!! Its a mystery at this point and it should be interesting. We will be getting on in about 3 hours and it may be a hell of a ride! Wish us luck!

This information is on Carnival's website. Go to the home page and click on "Travel Advisory Tropical Update"...the latest information is posted there.

TROPICAL UPDATE

October 20, 2009 – 11:00 AM

We are closely monitoring Tropical Storm Rick which has developed off the west coast of Mexico. The storm is forecast to pass south of Cabo San Lucas tonight and make landfall on Mexico’s mainland on Wednesday.

The following are the itinerary plans for the October 18, 2009 departures on Carnival Splendor and Carnival Spirit:

Carnival Splendor – The ship visited Ensenada on Monday and will call in Puerta Vallarta on Thursday and Cabo San Lucas on Friday.

Carnival Spirit – The ship will operate the scheduled itinerary.:)

This information will be updated if any additional changes are required

Archived