Can I have my money back? Thomson Spirit-Pearls of the Aegean October 2010

I booked this cruise because it was calling at Rhodes Town where I wanted to surprise a friend who keeps a bar there.Also I wanted to avoid any cruise which visited Turkey as I really really don't want to go to Turkey for personal reasons.This cruise was just what I wanted.

Now I have had a letter stating that the cruise willno longer call at Rhodes Town but will visit Marmairis in Turkey instead.i am mortified.I don't want to go any more!

Can I cancel and get my deposit back?

Flopsy

I booked this cruise because it was calling at Rhodes Town where I wanted to surprise a friend who keeps a bar there.Also I wanted to avoid any cruise which visited Turkey as I really really don't want to go to Turkey for personal reasons.This cruise was just what I wanted.

Now I have had a letter stating that the cruise willno longer call at Rhodes Town but will visit Marmairis in Turkey instead.i am mortified.I don't want to go any more!

Can I cancel and get my deposit back?

Flopsy

Hi Flopsy,

That's bad.

In the back of the brochure in "Our Agreement With You" in section 4 If we change your holiday details.

It includes Major changes to your holiday and one of them is "significant change of destination".

You could try them under that and try for a refund or change to a different holiday with them.

Berwyn

No idea why you would not want to visit the beautiful resort of Marmaris but I would be surprised if a change to just one port of call would be considered a "significant" change. Worth a try, though, but I've always thought of a cruise as a "whole package" rather than a means to get to one particular destination.

Hi all

Well I have contacted Thomsons and they offered me a cruise in April which includes Rhodes but as I have booked a cruise in May I would prefer to go in October to spread them out over the year!

The letter from Thomsons states ' on this occasion we've changed one of the ports- swapping Rhodes for Marmaris, so now you can enjoy a trip to Turkey along with the best bits of Greece'.

Rhodes was to be the highlight of the trip for me.Turkey- no thanks.

VW- I have no doubt that many, many people love Turkey, it is beautiful and I know that the people are said to be lovely, but I personally don't want to support a country with such an appalling human rights record.Each to their own.

Anyway I am pleased to report that Thomsons have agreed to give me a full refund.They won't loose out because I always holiday with Thomsons and I have no doubt that I shall spend the refund on a subsequent Thomson hoilday.

Flopsy

Archived