3 people in an inside room on Emerald Princess

luv2trvlnow

Can anybody tell me what the setup is for 3 people in an inside room on the Emerald Princess? We are looking at inside rooms on Aloha. Is it an upper berth similar to Carnival or something different? Thank you in advance for any answers.

2 lowers that can be pushed together and a fold/drop down bunk from the wall/ceiling.

If the lower beds are pushed together then you would have to climb on the bed to reach the upper bunk.

We've had 4 people in an inside room and it worked just fine. We did 3 numerous times and that was even easier. :)

There are pull down bunks over the two twin beds that your room steward will pull down at dinner time. They are very comfortable too with normal mattresses and the same bedding with a duvet.

Thank you everyone. Yes I am talking about three adults. But we are all on the small size. Tallest is 5'8' and 140 lbs. Shortest is me 5'2", 120 lbs. The one that will probably be on the pulldown bed is 31 year old son, 5'6" about 133 lbs. After all he is the youngest. We have travelled together in a cabin before. So it should not be a problem. In fact, the son had travelled with 5 in a cabin on one of the older Carnival ships.

Thank you everyone. Yes I am talking about three adults. But we are all on the small size. Tallest is 5'8' and 140 lbs. Shortest is me 5'2", 120 lbs. The one that will probably be on the pulldown bed is 31 year old son, 5'6" about 133 lbs. After all he is the youngest. We have travelled together in a cabin before. So it should not be a problem. In fact, the son had travelled with 5 in a cabin on one of the older Carnival ships.

You can make it work. We had our 21 year old son with us in March on the Emerald and he is about your son's size. The steward pulled down one of the upper bunks and he climbed up with a ladder at the foot of the bed. It was a bit crowded at times, especially getting ready for dinner, but not that bad. Enjoy!

I have done 3 on an inside without a problem (me and my 2 sons) 2 of us are 6' and one is 5'8 and that was for a 21 day trip. It just requires some thoughtfulness. I used to go up to the Spa for a shower which relieved some of the pressure.

I have done 3 on an inside without a problem (me and my 2 sons) 2 of us are 6' and one is 5'8 and that was for a 21 day trip. It just requires some thoughtfulness. I used to go up to the Spa for a shower which relieved some of the pressure.

I agree with the spa showers suggestion.

We are a tall family - I am the shortest at just over 5' 8" and I have twin 15 year old sons who are already 6' tall and a DH who is 6'3". If the 4 of us can make it in one small cabin, anyone can.:)

Two of the guys would go up to the spa every evening to use the showers before dinner and that REALLY helped. Those showers are also larger than the ones in the cabin so my DH was more than happy to shower up there.

Another trick to sharing a cabin is the shoes go directly in the closet - not on the floor by the bed for everyone to trip over :rolleyes: (the guys wear size 12 and 13 shoes so that was a big rule as far as I was concerned!) We also don't overpack clothes or toiletries.

I think that Princess cabins are laid out very well and they have a huge closet, many shelves and plenty of room in the bathroom for storage. Even with 4 in the room we have never run out of space to store things.

Have a wonderful cruise :)

I think that Princess cabins are laid out very well and they have a huge closet, many shelves and plenty of room in the bathroom for storage. Even with 4 in the room we have never run out of space to store things.

I agree about the closets and storage space. Even with an inside room, I have always thought the layout of the room was better than most. The closets are a nice, out of the way place to store shoes and clothes and the suitcases fit under the bed without a problem. Our biggest issue is that our son was messy and left things out too often. If he had tidied up better, it would have been nicer for everyone.

I have a question about using the showers in the spa, can anyone use the showers in the spa? Is this different than the sanctuary?

Yes, anyone can use the shower area. It is easy to walk in the spa and go down the hall where the showers are located and no one will question you. It is mainly used by people having spa treatments or using the gym but is available to all.

The sanctuary is outside and upstairs from the spa.

Archived