CLUB 02 for 15 - 17 year Olds

jnjcruiser

I have read on the Carnival's web site about the CLUB 02 for teens. They mention "teen-only shore excursions so your young adults can enjoy the sites and sounds of our beautiful ports with their peers."

Has anyone done this for their teenager? Did they like it? What was the cost?

Thanks!

I have read on the Carnival's web site about the CLUB 02 for teens. They mention "teen-only shore excursions so your young adults can enjoy the sites and sounds of our beautiful ports with their peers."

Thanks!

I would like to know this too, thanks.

Our experience on the Conquest was a few years ago. I think they offered 1 excursion but don't know if they had enough teens signed up for it. Most of the teens, like ours, had excursions already planned with their parents. You might try to also post on the family board.

Thanks!

I just know that my daughter loved Club O2!! She's 16...

Our experience on the Conquest was a few years ago. I think they offered 1 excursion but don't know if they had enough teens signed up for it. Most of the teens, like ours, had excursions already planned with their parents. You might try to also post on the family board.

I have the email to the Counselor for Club O2 on the Conquest and I could ask her!!

I just know that my daughter loved Club O2!! She's 16...

We cruise often and my kids always love the clubs but have been worried when we cruise next year for my dd's Sweet 16 that she and her friend will all of a sudden not like the clubs any longer LOL (we always cruise RCCL). We booked the Dream (such a BIG price difference than RCCL Explorer or Oasis, which we were going to book either one) and SO happy to read that your 16 year old still like it.

My ds will be 12 so know he will still enjoy the clubs.

Thanks.

My son & a friend did a White Water trip in Costa Rica several years ago with the teens. They rec'd a 20% discount and we went on the same excursion just a different raft. I liked being close to him in case of an emergency but we were far enough away that he didn't feel like we were on the excursion with him.

Depending on the port, excursions and the counselors, some of whom I have heard wild things about I would decide if I wanted to send them off on their own or not.

I think we are going to try this on our stop in Calica (Play Del Carmen) There is another 15yr friend that is going with her mom on this trip as well, they can go together.

When we go to Play Del Carmen, we always go to the "ADULT" beach :eek:. This way they can do their thing while we do ours. Then we can do something together in Cozumel. :D

We have been on two Carnival cruises in the last 18 months with our Club O2 aged son. He never mentioned a teen excursion. We are going on the Dream on January 2nd. We will see if they offer one then!

He has really enjoyed meeting other teens at Club O2 and he agrees that you must go the first night! After that groups of kids will often meet or hang out elsewhere. When he wasn't in the stateroom by 2 am and I looked for him, however, they were hanging out in the O2 area. No drinks. No drugs. No canoodling in the deck chairs. No problem.:)

In my experience, there has not been enough kids sign up for the excursions so they were cancelled. Most of the planned activities in the Club 02 are cancelled cuz the kids just seem to want to hang out & not do organized activities. My son enjoyed the 12-14 group better cuz they had a lot of activities going on but the 15-17 group is boring and as both kids say "lame":D

We have been on two Carnival cruises in the last 18 months with our Club O2 aged son. He never mentioned a teen excursion. We are going on the Dream on January 2nd. We will see if they offer one then!

He has really enjoyed meeting other teens at Club O2 and he agrees that you must go the first night! After that groups of kids will often meet or hang out elsewhere. When he wasn't in the stateroom by 2 am and I looked for him, however, they were hanging out in the O2 area. No drinks. No drugs. No canoodling in the deck chairs. No problem.:)

Our daughter has participated in Camp Carnival two other times. But she was not old enough for the Club O2, which has the excursions.

I might add she has always had a blast! She's like me, never meets a stranger, fun and out going. She meets a few other girls her age and off they go! And yes, she knows the rules! Never go inside ANYONES cabin, even if its just her and her friend etc etc. We always have check in times which she faithfully keeps. With a little common since rules, she always has a good time, and even keeps in touch with a few friends she's met by email.

Thanks!

There is no shore excursion for them as a matter of course. What happens is at some point, there will be a notice distributed to them that a few shore excursions are availalbe for them and they have to sign up for them.

Most of the kids don't sign up, so there is no excursion.

FYI: My grandson started cruising with me once a year when he was 8 years old - and sort of "grew up" through the Camp Carnival programs. Out last cruise together was this past January...he was 3 months shy of his 18th birthday.....

There has never been a special shore excursion for any of the clubs or camps he's been involved in. These require sign up and parental involvment and not enough folks were interested.

Archived