Triumph - "just curious" questions...

txsmiles

We are sailing on the Triumph over Christmas week, and the constant thinking about/planning for/ day dreaming about the trip has brought up some questions that I'm hoping some of you that have been on this ship will know the answers to...

- thoughts and/or favorites between the two main dining rooms? We've got a group of 9, so we'll be at a large table. Love to know which you like better, and why!

- Anybody know how many times 'round the track to walk/run a mile?

- Anybody had 3 people in an interior room on the Empress deck - and does the roll-away bed situation really work, or is it enough of a problem that we should change decks (lower) for our group of 4 rooms in order to make it easier for the room that will have 3 people?

- Any personal experience with mid-ship balcony rooms on the Empress deck?

Thanks for whatever thoughts, experiences, hints and/or ideas you can share!

We are sailing on the Triumph over Christmas week, and the constant thinking about/planning for/ day dreaming about the trip has brought up some questions that I'm hoping some of you that have been on this ship will know the answers to...

- thoughts and/or favorites between the two main dining rooms? We've got a group of 9, so we'll be at a large table. Love to know which you like better, and why!

- Anybody know how many times 'round the track to walk/run a mile?

- Anybody had 3 people in an interior room on the Empress deck - and does the roll-away bed situation really work, or is it enough of a problem that we should change decks (lower) for our group of 4 rooms in order to make it easier for the room that will have 3 people?

- Any personal experience with mid-ship balcony rooms on the Empress deck?

Thanks for whatever thoughts, experiences, hints and/or ideas you can share!

Was on the Triumph last October with my son and his family. They were 5 in an Aft Balcony /One upper (14 yr old) One 12 yr old on the couch bed, and the 10 yr. old on a roll away. It was fine. If you only have 4 people, in a balcony with an upper you would not need the roll away. I do believe the Walking track is 10 or 11 times around for 1 mile. as for the dining rooms , I always liked the one on the end of the ship. Not really sure why.

Just be aware there are few 10 tops, so they may have to split your group up between 2 tables. I like the back dining room on ships, because I can watch the sun set on early dinner (and it was warmer in there, freezing in other dining room on my last ship. Id rather be in the back of the back dining room so I can see out, if you are in the front part and cant see out, no diff, depends on which is more convenient to your cabins.

In terms of which diningroom, for me it would depend on where your cabin is. If its i towards the front, the London dining room is a little more convenient. Otherwise, I would probably prefer the Paris.

Archived