Port of Miami parking

centurycruiser

I found a site on the internet for United Parking at the Port of Miami and they offer parking for a 4 day cruise around $11 a day.

They say:

Premier Cruise Parking Providing Secure Garage Self Parking

Driving directions, address and facility telephone number are provided on your reservation confirmation.

Details:

Round-trip shuttle, every 5 to 10 minutes from 7:30am to 3:30pm, up to 4 people maximum per party. Over 4 people, drop off at the port first, then, come park. Rates are for standard size vehicles. Clearance 6'8". 3 day minimum.

Distance: 3 to 4 minute ride, 1 mile north of Port of Miami

Have you used them? Could you tell me where their garage is and if the pick up business is accurate? Is it secure?

In January, I booked through them in Miami, but the parking was out by the airport. I think that United is a marketing company for local parking companies.

Our parking was outdoors in a fenced parking lot ... maybe 100 cars max. The shuttle worked fine and there were no problems. Being closer to the pier is a big advantage, but that is a tough part of town in my opinion.

Since I was the driver, and we had 6 people, I had to drop the others off at the pier, drive to the airport (15 minutes) check in, wait for the shuttle and then wait in a long line at the port to check in. Then an hour long process to get the car back to the port when we returned. For me, it would have been worth it for my 1/6th share, to just park at the port at $20 per day and be done with it.

Maybe with the closer parking, things would be better, but you are still having to do with a shuttle that may or may not be quick because of the crowds. Remember that there are several ships all boarding and disembarking at the same time in this port.

Hopefully you will get a reply from someone who has used the service that you describe.

I had wondered about them as well. We live in NC and are driving down to Miami since flying would run us about $1000 and driving would run us about $400 - that's $600 we can spend elsewhere!

Maybe these threads will help:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=967950&highlight=united+parking

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891625&highlight=united+parking

In January, I booked through them in Miami, but the parking was out by the airport. I think that United is a marketing company for local parking companies.

Our parking was outdoors in a fenced parking lot ... maybe 100 cars max. The shuttle worked fine and there were no problems. Being closer to the pier is a big advantage, but that is a tough part of town in my opinion.

Maybe with the closer parking, things would be better, but you are still having to do with a shuttle that may or may not be quick because of the crowds. Remember that there are several ships all boarding and disembarking at the same time in this port.

Hopefully you will get a reply from someone who has used the service that you describe.

I've used these services for airport parking, but, I don't want to be by the airport. There's only two of us so I don't need to do what you did.

Only a mile from the port and 3 to 4 minute ride for garage parking sounds attractive at $43 for a 4 night cruise. Almost half price from port parking.

I'd like to get some additional info from someone who used them before I booked.

I have not used them before but I did call the people at united parking and talked to them about the lot.

It is a 4-level garage. The facility closes at 7:00PM and has only one entrance and exit that is closed with iron gates when the facility closes. It's located about half a mile north of I-395. It's a block or two west of the downtown Hilton. The reason no one has been able to find any information about this lot is because it recently changed hands. I don't believe the lot was open to the public before.

I decided to go ahead an book the lot for my 7-day cruise in November. I'll report back how it turns out.

I have not used them before but I did call the people at united parking and talked to them about the lot.

It is a 4-level garage. The facility closes at 7:00PM and has only one entrance and exit that is closed with iron gates when the facility closes. It's located about half a mile north of I-395. It's a block or two west of the downtown Hilton. The reason no one has been able to find any information about this lot is because it recently changed hands. I don't believe the lot was open to the public before.

I decided to go ahead an book the lot for my 7-day cruise in November. I'll report back how it turns out.

That's not too bad a neighborhood. The Hilton and Marriott are there. I've walked from Bayside to the Marriott a few times.

I'd love to hear how you make out with security and the shuttle.

Archived