Room swapping

scarletfan

I'm scheduled for my first cruise (on CCL) and I am traveling with my boyfriend and his family. Since his mom is traveling alone and is a senior citizen, we used her information to book a suite so it would be cheaper. The way the reservation is set up now, my boyfriend and his mom are booked in the suite and I'm booked into a cabin alone. Obviously I will be staying in the suite with him, but I was wondering if there would be any issues with dining or anything else since I'm not officially booked in that room. We are doing Anytime Dining and based on some of my research, it sounds like they'll just ask for a cabin number when we go to the dining room. Is this correct? Are there any potential problems? I will make sure that we put her tag on my suitcase & vice versa so we don't have to haul the bags around ourselves after they are delivered.

I think I will probably miss out on the VIP embarkation but that's ok... I'll live. :o

Thanks all!

I'm scheduled for my first cruise (on CCL) and I am traveling with my boyfriend and his family. Since his mom is traveling alone and is a senior citizen, we used her information to book a suite so it would be cheaper. The way the reservation is set up now, my boyfriend and his mom are booked in the suite and I'm booked into a cabin alone. Obviously I will be staying in the suite with him, but I was wondering if there would be any issues with dining or anything else since I'm not officially booked in that room. We are doing Anytime Dining and based on some of my research, it sounds like they'll just ask for a cabin number when we go to the dining room. Is this correct? Are there any potential problems? I will make sure that we put her tag on my suitcase & vice versa so we don't have to haul the bags around ourselves after they are delivered.

I think I will probably miss out on the VIP embarkation but that's ok... I'll live. :o

Thanks all!

Who is paying for what? If you're going to pay your own expenses (like liquor, gambling, etc.), all you have to do is present your credit card -- you and/or your boyfriend -- when you check in, and they'll set up the account accordingly.

Did you get the two cabins linked together? This is something your travel agent can do, or if you booked the cabins yourself on line, you can call the cruise line and make this happen. "Linking together" simply means that -- even if the cabins are at the opposite end of the ship :o they'll know that the occupants of the cabin are travelling together, and they'll make sure you get to do anything together that you want.

As for the dining, yes, you all just show up whenever you want..or if you've made reservations, then you simply give them the two cabin numbers (if you're eating together), and you're all set.

They don't really care, once you're on board. You can get proper sign-and-sail cards (which are your room keys) to match the rooms you're actually staying in..just go to the purser's desk and they'll fix you right up.

As for VIP embarkation -- if you're linked, and all together when you get to the port, they'll sometimes let you board with the others. Not necessarily, but sometimes... :)

Now if you were going on NCL it would be a problem, because NCL has a lot of suite perks and they are for registered suite guests only, occasional exceptions may be made by the concierge on a case by case basis but generally only those in the suite get the benefits.

Archived