Does the NCL Dawn need oil or something for that squeaking? sailed 10/18/09

CruisinFromCT

I must say that the Dawn's sister, the Star, is equally squeaky. Have sailed on many of NCL's other ships but the Dawn and Star hold the title for creak, squeak and crack noises even in relatively calm seas.

hoping that the Jewel isn't squeaky! I may just opt for one of the villa rooms to see if any squeaks happen up there!

Flying drawers sounds more like a haunting or poltergeist than a problem with the mechanics or structure of the ship. Maybe bring a copy of the Rite of Exorcism the next time. :D

Oops! I was thinking of a different type of 'drawers'.;)

;););) I thought it was just our cabin 8112, the first and last nights were a nightmare, there was so much noise and the drawers kept flying out as well!!! In the past 2 Dawn cruises, I didn't experience the same noise in 8112 and 8110!

Another good reason to bring duct tape! You could have taped the drawers shut...

We were in 8501, an inside at the very front of the ship and we didn't get much squeaking, we got vibration whenever the ship would leave or arrive at a mooring. Someone here on CC told me it was the bow thrusters. OMG. It was like living next door to a freight train. Really noisy and stuff falling off shelves. Thank goodness it was a Bermuda sailing and not a more port intensive one. Could've woken the dead.

hoping that the Jewel isn't squeaky! I may just opt for one of the villa rooms to see if any squeaks happen up there!

Sorry to inform you of this but the Jewel squeaks too..:( We were just on her...its the nature of the beast..

Another good reason to bring duct tape! You could have taped the drawers shut...

We were in 8501, an inside at the very front of the ship and we didn't get much squeaking, we got vibration whenever the ship would leave or arrive at a mooring. Someone here on CC told me it was the bow thrusters. OMG. It was like living next door to a freight train. Really noisy and stuff falling off shelves. Thank goodness it was a Bermuda sailing and not a more port intensive one. Could've woken the dead.

You should try it from 4502. You literally feel like there's a helicopter in the cabin from the noise.:eek::D

I've been on the Dawn probably 15x. Sometimes get the creak, sometimes not.;)

Jackie,

I'm so sorry I missed the M&G!!! that was of course the same day that my son had the accident. I'll hold you to the coffee date though! :D we've already booked for the 10/10/10 Jewel sailing from NYC to Florida/Bahamas!

Jackie,

Who knows, we might be on that sailing with you if we don't go in April! Anytime for the coffee!:D

Jackie

Hi Jackie & Terry! Hey, if you're dying for another cruise, you can always join us on the Gem on 1/13!!! It would be great to see you two again!:D

Hi Peggy & Joe!

It would be great to see you again too, especially on another cruise!

I wish we could go then, but I have to book when Terry has his vacations between each semester now. I miss the old days of booking whenever I wanted for as long as I wanted. He only gets 1 week off between each of the 4 semesters. Not bad, but it does limit our cruising choices.

I'd love to go back on the Gem again too!

Jackie

Archived