Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi's

cruznlobo

Can anyone give me any info on the water taxi's in Fort Lauderdale.

I keep hearing that this is the way to get around, but noone is giving any specific info.

We are staying at the Wyndham Airport two days before our cruise and at the Sheraton Airport two days after our cruise.

You may already have the info, but the cost is $5 for all day including on and off priviledges. I think the closest placee for you to catch it would be at the Marriott Marina and you will have to takea cab from your hotel to the Marriott. The website can give you more details, I love using it as they share a wealth of information with you as well as getting you to Los Olas or the Riverwalk.

We loved the water taxi when we were in Fort lauderdale in July 2003.

Hoped to go again and actually had a pre-cruise night at the Marriott Marina

booked for June 2004 and had to cancel due to death in the family. I was

really looking forward to riding the whole route on the water taxi and stopping

for dinner at the Fisheries restaurant at sunset. Maybe some day!!!

Anyway, for $5 per day round trip, it's a great deal and just beautiful

scenery and great for dreaming about owning some of the properties you pass

and the floatilla(sp) of boats, most of which cost more than 5x our annual

income. It's great to dream!!! Maybe we'll hit the lottery!!!

Anyway, don't miss a chance to do the water taxi.

dbb25

Having done just as 25dbb was planning I can concur this makes a wonderful day. We did the whole route, jumping off at Ft. Lauderdale Beach, had lunch did some shopping then hopped back on and went to Las Olas area. There's 2 routes so you'll transfer boats but the map is easy to follow and the captains will help you plan your route. They sell water on board to quench your thirst and will give you narrative throughout the journey. On one of the routes they stopped at a restaurant for 5 minutes which served cocktails to go. You'll have a great day!

Hi-

We stayed at the Radisson Bahia Mar before our cruise in January...If you stay there they will supply you with two free water taxi tickets...we used it to go to Las Olas...it was fantastic. They cater to tourists too...

http://www.bahiamar.net/cgi-bin/special_pages.cgi?page=specials.html&arg=Data

Happy trails- AndyMan

I agree with the above posters. If you have time take the water taxi. We made a day of it when we were there in September. Had 2 great captains on one of the boats who were very funny and very informative. Even pulled to the side of the waterway to show us several Iquana's that were out, which was surprising considering we were there the day before Hurricane Jeanne hit. We also had 2 very boring captains, who barely talked and gave no information. But we still enjoyed looking at all of the houses and boats.

As the above posters stated, it is $5.00 for all day, and you can get on and off at any of the stops. If you have any questions about which stop to get off at or where that particular boat is going, just ask, they are all very very nice.

Have a great time!

Candi

Usually they do not charge for children. ;)

Well they must have made the exception for us then. We were charged for our four year old both days that we used the water taxi....he IS pretty tall, but really still looks like a child :D .

• 2 months later...

We did the water taxi last X-mas day and it was great! We returned after dark and it was really neat to see all the homes with their huge holiday light displays. Seems like there is a little competition to see who has the best Christmas lights!! Worth a look if you are there around the holidays!

Enjoy!

Kel

Archived