Grand Refit ?

Tulsa Tom

Going on the Grand Feb. 26,2005. We were on her in 2001. I understand from the posts she had a "wetdock" in around October of '04 and MUTS and Stirlings were installed anyone know if the ship got a complete fact lift i.e. carpets and mechanical fixes. I noticed some of the posts from the '04 Baltic cruises commented on her "tired" look and engine problems? thanks

I can't vouch for a before and after comparison, but I thought the Grand looked to be in excellent shape. Based on some pictures, it looks like the main pool got retiled, MUTS was installed, and the Sterling menu was put in place (signage still reads Painted Desert). Everything looked in top shape to me!

I was on the Grand's first cruise after the wetdock. As we boarded, they were still laying carpet throughout the ship. New drapes and carpet in the dining rooms were installed, along with the previously mentioned MUTS and steakhouse. They were also re-doing the putting green as we boarded, and it wasn't open until the second day (new 'greens' and some repainting, I think).

Can't speak to any engine problems or overhauls.

The ship seemed to be in tip top condition to me!

Archived