I need to vent-I'm done w/ my agent

PrincessCarolyn

In September I was going to book a Norwegian cruise because it was what I knew AND NCL had given us a 25% credit off a future cruise because of our last sailing breaking down....

anyway, even though that cruise was 3 years ago-They said I had that credit for any future cruise.

Called my agent for a cruise (last month/sept) found my cruise and told agent about the 25% and she remembered everything. She said NCL had nothing saying anything about my credit and asked if I had a letter from 3 years ago. So she told me to basically forget about that credit happening. Since I wasn't getting the credit, I figured I'd try another cruise line (booked Celeb for Nov/2009)

Today I go on the NCL website to check out the new ship. I put in my info and a cruise consultant called me. She was giving me info on EPIC and other ships and told me to keep in mind I had a credit (almost 500$!) I totally would have booked NCL again, had my agent told me this. Why wouldn't she? Would she lose out on commission?

I'm really frustrated because she was going to have me book an NCL cruise at full price. The good news is I can book another cruise and get a good amount of $ off but the lying on the agents part really makes me feel like I was being "taken" which means I will never use here again. She booked 3 of my cruises. No more.

Thank you for letting me vent. Comment if you think I'm crazy/wrong/right or whatever LOL

Thanks

I don't like to assume someone is lying unless there is further evidence of dishonesty. NCL and TA records are very elusive things. Geeze, so many mistakes are made these days in customer service, deception is the least of their problems. You might wish she'd tried harder to find your credit so by all means drop her, but that doesn't mean she lied or that you were "taken."

I don't like to assume someone is lying unless there is further evidence of dishonesty. NCL and TA records are very elusive things. Geeze, so many mistakes are made these days in customer service, deception is the least of their problems. You might wish she'd tried harder to find your credit so by all means drop her, but that doesn't mean she lied or that you were "taken."

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't have said it better.

CruisinGranny-when you find something better to do than harrass me-let me know :)

I will point out ONLY ONE MORE TIME: My response was only part of that whole conversation. My point was: the OP was incorrect in calling NCL'ers "low class" I did NOT agree w/ him calling the people who go on NCL low class but the customer service could use some brushing up. After many VENOMOUS spews from people I had to defend myself ALSO, after I thought NCL wasn't giving me my credit I was ANGRY w/ them (among other things) I sorted it out and it was the agent NOT NCL.

I will try NCL again if that's ok w/ you

Let me know WHEN YOU ARE OVER THIS....

I'd also appreciate it if you LEFT me alone once and for all.

I do not wish to bother YOU or anyone else here on the board and REGARDLESS of what you believe I AM ENTITLED to my opinion regarding a cruise that I previously sailed on.

Have a good day :)

I just wanted to correct something you said in your last post. Your issue WAS with NCL, not your poor agent. Let's just say I'm sticking up for her on this account.

She had nothing to do with the "atrocious" food, the server "grabbing" your arm, and the terrible customer service, etc. etc.

Never once in all your "complaints" with NCL was your agent mentioned.

My eyes are wool free.

Unfortunately with the economy the way it's been commisssions for ta's are way down, and it can threaten their livelyhood, so some will forget why they do what they do- it's all about the service! I've had cruises booked where the price dropped so low that after my bon voyage gifts were calculated in I lost money- The important point is that these people are my loyal clients and will book through me only. The reason I got into this business is because I love cruising, I think everyone should have a ta that has 'been there'-one who know's the difference in the cruise lines and pays attention to what their clients wants/ needs are- why I think a good ta is 10x better than the cruiseline agent- many who have never even been on a ship. A good ta works for you, the cruiseline agent works for the cruiseline. Point being, find a good ta, and make them earn their commission. One poster wrote that they drove their ta nuts- I'd rather have a client that spent that much time going over details of their cruise beforehand so I know exactly what they want and in the end get them 'that' instead of a cleint who says "I want to get the cheapest price on a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas" and then complains afterward about not liking the cabin/ship/line.

CC is a major force- cruise lines know that- why they often host CC parties- it costs them little with very large returns. Most cruiselines also appreciate what good ta's do for them and the business, with offering online courses with CLIA credits, ta rates and free cruises for those who become 'experts' -it's a win win for them, but in the end, nothing compares to actually taking a cruise ( or 3) so you know what your selling- another thing to consider when choosing a ta

Bottom line: Please don't knock all ta's- many really know their stuff- and work really hard for their clients

Archived