Cannes to St Paul De Vence

amy417

Ok I have been researching and lookng at tours.

We just want to tender into Cannes go to St Paul De Vence for a few hours and come back to the ship.

Has anyone done this before. If so what is the best way in your opinion. We will be there on a monday. Arrive a 10 am probably not hit shore until 11 using the tenders. The ship leaves at 5pm. So we want to back on borad by 4pm.

Are there taxis to take you to St Paul. Can the fit 4 people and how much would that cost?

Taking the trains and buses scare me because I am afraid to miss the boat

Are the schedules reliable?

I have done the search and read the previous posts but nothing looks like what we want to do.

thanks

That one talks about trains,buses,etc. For taxi, its expensive so figure price ahead of time.We asked the ship concierge how much to pay, so we had an idea. They may be able to arrange transport themselves, always can ask. Saw one that would take 4 people, but cramped.No vans,at least at port.Can check Cannes tourist website for more info.Great area, good luck.;)

Ok I have been researching and lookng at tours.

We just want to tender into Cannes go to St Paul De Vence for a few hours and come back to the ship.

Has anyone done this before. If so what is the best way in your opinion. We will be there on a monday. Arrive a 10 am probably not hit shore until 11 using the tenders. The ship leaves at 5pm. So we want to back on borad by 4pm.

Are there taxis to take you to St Paul. Can the fit 4 people and how much would that cost?

Taking the trains and buses scare me because I am afraid to miss the boat

Are the schedules reliable?

I have done the search and read the previous posts but nothing looks like what we want to do.

thanks

Given your scenario of 11 am to 4 (means you would need to be back at the tender pier by 3:45) forget using public transit to go to St Paul de Vence. Taxis can take 4 (3 crammed the back and one in front) but you will pay hundreds of dollars. It takes about 45 min (each way) to St Paul de Vence.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

recently off the 25OCT sailing on Gem and we also wanted to see St Paul. After deciding against public transportation and a taxi for logistical and cost reasons we had planned on doing the ship tour (the one that also stops in grasse). Then we read someones post that said they had their ship tour cancelled 3 days before due to lack of interest. We didn't want to end up with no plans so we got together on our roll call and got a private tour. Worked out wonderfully as we stopped at St Paul, Antibes and Tourrettes Sur Loup. Worked out perfectly for us and actually cheaper than the ship tour with 8 people splitting the cost.

recently off the 25OCT sailing on Gem and we also wanted to see St Paul. After deciding against public transportation and a taxi for logistical and cost reasons we had planned on doing the ship tour (the one that also stops in grasse). Then we read someones post that said they had their ship tour cancelled 3 days before due to lack of interest. We didn't want to end up with no plans so we got together on our roll call and got a private tour. Worked out wonderfully as we stopped at St Paul, Antibes and Tourrettes Sur Loup. Worked out perfectly for us and actually cheaper than the ship tour with 8 people splitting the cost.

sounds nice -- can you provide the name of the guide/company you went with?

• 1 month later...

A couple of years ago we stopped on Cannes on our Med cruise and we hired a tour that I found by just doing a search on google inputting tours from Cannes. I cannot remember the name but there were two different companies. I emailed and they both answered and offered a small van with an english speaking guide that took us to Monte Carlo/Monacco, Enze, St Vince De Paul, perfume factory ( very interesting one of my highlights) and set us up with a reasonable lunch in Enze. It was delightful and so was our guide. We had 10 people so we hired 2 vans and it was very reasonably priced. I did this in every port and all were very dependable and provided top notch service driving us right to the doors of each attraction. We never came close to missing the ship in fact in Messina there was a huge traffic accident that caused big delays and our driver knew the way to get us around the jam to our requested highlights timely due to the small van and his knowledge of the local areas. I cannot tell you how much fun we had and catered to we were. We had lunches in the most quaint places, with personal guides all the way found on the internet. Many were reccomended from cruise critic. Not sure if we can do that anymore.

Archived