Sail/snorkel with Jolly Mon

s&f4travel

Has anyone done the sail/snorkel with Jolly Mon? We were booked with someone else, but they had to cancel. DH and I have never snorkeled, but really want to give it a try without the hundreds of people on the cruise line excursion.

Thanks for any insight!

I personally have never sailed with Jolly Mon, but I have friends that have sailed and snorkeled with them three times already and they would highly recommend Jolly Mon. We are crusing Thanksgiving week and stopping in St. Thomas and will be doing an excursion with Jolly Mon during this trip. I can let you know about my experience when I return.

• 4 weeks later...
I personally have never sailed with Jolly Mon, but I have friends that have sailed and snorkeled with them three times already and they would highly recommend Jolly Mon. We are crusing Thanksgiving week and stopping in St. Thomas and will be doing an excursion with Jolly Mon during this trip. I can let you know about my experience when I return.

So did you have a good time? Details please! :)

We have sailed twice on the Jolly Mon. The first time was the luck of the draw- on a ship excursion. 3 couples went and had a blast. So much fun that we called Gayle directly and booked her for our 2008 trip. She is VERY accommodating- will do whatever you want. The second trip, we just wanted to sail and then go to a secluded beach. Gayle set us up in spades...a nice sail and then dropped us (and a cooler of beer, wine, cheese and crackers and other munchies off at a secluded beach, while she anchored about 500 yards offshore. We had a blast.

I cannot recommend her services highly enough. Here is the link to the website:

http://www.jollymonstthomas.com/index.htm

PS just FYI...Gayle's husband Gary passed away suddenly about 2 years ago, so the website is slightly out of date.

If you do sail the Jolly Mon, please tell Gayle that Jim and Sue from Syracuse said hi and that we think of her often.

We have sailed twice on the Jolly Mon. The first time was the luck of the draw- on a ship excursion. 3 couples went and had a blast. So much fun that we called Gayle directly and booked her for our 2008 trip. She is VERY accommodating- will do whatever you want. The second trip, we just wanted to sail and then go to a secluded beach. Gayle set us up in spades...a nice sail and then dropped us (and a cooler of beer, wine, cheese and crackers and other munchies off at a secluded beach, while she anchored about 500 yards offshore. We had a blast.

I cannot recommend her services highly enough. Here is the link to the website:

http://www.jollymonstthomas.com/index.htm

PS just FYI...Gayle's husband Gary passed away suddenly about 2 years ago, so the website is slightly out of date.

If you do sail the Jolly Mon, please tell Gayle that Jim and Sue from Syracuse said hi and that we think of her often.

Jim, thanks for the info. We also had a ship excursion and were lucky to get Gayle and Gary for our trip. I didn't know Gary passed so thanks for the info.

I'll be in St Thomas in May so maybe I can get a group together and use her services.

Archived