Open air bus at Ajaccio pier

snorklinbarb

Despite several search attempts, I can only find mention of an open-air bus from the cruise ship pier in Ajaccio mentioned in a review put up by someone who was on Ocean Village. I also came across a post that mentions a little train ride around town & the surroundings.

The bus is said to be 10e and provide about a 90 min. tour.

Does anyone know anything about this service? How often does it run? What are the main sites? Is it a HOHO or you stay on for the whole time? Any audio provided?

I'll be on the Norwegian Gem TA Nov. 29th and we'll be at Ajaccio for one day.

After the bus, what would be the interesting walking area of town? Is there an Old Town?

Any info greatly appreciated.:)

Well I have not been to Ajaccio yet but we are scheduled to go in July. Here is what Lonely Plant says about the buses:

"Ajaccio Vision Tour - 10 euros, 4 trips daily 10:00am to 4:30 pm April thru October (it does not say when the 4 trips actually start), runs tours of the city's main sights in double-decker open-top buses with multilingual comentary, stopping for a break at Pointe de la Parata. Tours depart from from opposite the town hall place Foch"

It does not sound like a HOHO. The town hall is located about a block off the main drag in the block of Avenue Antoine Sera fini and Quai de la Republique. Go to Google maps and its about two blocks to the right of the Ajjacio pin.

Here is a web site for the tour: http://www.ajacciovision.fr/

They actually list two tours.

Good Luck

We took this bus tour around Ajaccio in 2007 when we stopped there on the Sea Princess. We did not book the tour through the cruise line. We found the bus just walking around Ajaccio, close to where our ship tendered in, and decided it would be a fun and interesting thing to do. It is not a HOHO tour. There is only one stop where everyone gets off the bus, at the Pointe de la Parata. There is a medieval watchtower at the top of the hill that overlooks the Iles Sanguinaires. The driver presented commentary of the various sights we saw, first in French then in English. The drive is a good introduction to Ajaccio. If this is your first time in Ajaccio, I recommend this tour.

Joan

Archived