Calling All Sweet-Smelling Ladies! What is Your Signature Fragrance?

TerriSea

My personal passion is for very heavy blends of white flowers, but my family is allergic to them. It's no fun causing people to sneeze! :(

Interestingly, there are no allergic reactions to essential oils & natural products. Wish I could find an all-natural perfume that blends florals & maybe a little undertone of fruit or berries.... :o (And while I'm dreaming, it would have to be affordable!)

i am really allergic when it comes to perfumes and even makeup but love and wear elizabeth ardens provocative woman with no problems it and tresor are about the only 2 i can wear without itchy eyes and sneezing

I too have spent too much money trying to find a more up to date perfume.

Chanel 19 is the one I wear. It's sort of green, with lily of the valley. Great all year long. You can get it on line, but Chanel stopped selling the cream, powder, soap, etc.

For humid climates, dog-day afternoons, I also like O de Lancome. It's only out for summer and it's really Lemony. They don't do a dusting powder, so I use Jean Nate and it works fine. My sister thinks that O de Lancome smells a bit like Jean Nate.

I also like Lauren, but now that they don't sell in department stores any more, you can't find the lotion or dusting powder. It's ubiquitous at places like Ulta.

Enjoy your search!

I am a nut for fragrance, and don't get to wear it often because so many people have allergies in the places I normally hang out. I try most of the new fragrances each season. BUT, by far, my most favorite, and the one I always take on a cruise is Jo Malone's Blue Agave and Cacao. Very sensual, and you can't go wrong with something that has a faint smell of chocolate!

Didn't know that about Imelda and her love for Hermes's Caleche! Thanks Klund, I love Hermes's fragrances Caleche, Jardin sur le Nil, sur la Mediterranee, apres la mousson, Pamplemousse, Orange verte (for men) Terre, not so much Kelly and Cartier's Declaration for men, for me.

Finding the right perfume/cologne is tricky because the way it smells on the sample paper is usually not how it will smell on the wearer. In addition if you like a perfume on someone it probably won't smell the same on you. Each individual has a different body chemistry which in turn will change the way the fragrance smells on each person.

I don't care for heavy or floral scents and for me Oscar de La Renta seems to work,(there is even a hand lotion). Remember too that the best way to judge if a fragrance is right for you is to ask your friends and co-workers, etc. because your interpretation of how it smells on you could be entirely different then how everyone else smells it. :)

I want to fall in love!!

I have been searching high and low for my "signature" fragrance. Over the years I have spent Way Too Much Money on fragrances that seem great at first, then I just can't stand them after one or two wearings! I would love some new ideas to try. And I get overwhelmed at the fragrance departments of Nordstrom and Macy's - too many choices!!

My current fragrance: Daisy by Mark Jacobs. Like it but don't love it.

x6n2aa.jpg

What is your favorite? And why do you LOVE it?:D

BTW, I recently tried Valentino Rock N Rose and that was pretty nice.

My favs are Coach, which has a nice clean smell and also Estee Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude...which you can not get any more...but I did manage to get several bottles which I keep in a cool place to preserve it!

I rarely wear a fragrance. One of my pet peeves is how so many women put on so much. Some fragrances can trigger migraines for me. Formal nights are insane--the elevators all smell like Shalimar.

I'm another spoilsport who detests people who seem to bathe in perfume, and also those who insist on having a 'signature' scent,( ie they never change their perfume so they are immune to the smell of the one they wear , so they spray a bit more on at every opportunity:rolleyes:) There's a woman at work who I can tell when she has been to visit in a large call centre type office just by the smell she leaves behind.:eek: I'd rather put up with any BO she has, to be honest, instead of having her perfume trail make me sneeze...

I much prefer the simple smell of fresh soap and shampoo, it says so much more to me than someone soaked in perfume, isn't it funny that excessive perfume always makes me wonder just how bad their natural aroma is.:eek: google nosegays if you don't know what they are...:D

I have a drawer of perfumes, kept in the cool and dark so it won't go off. I do wear it occasionally, but not to work, and definitely not out to dinner.

I do wear just enough so that anyone who gets closest to me can smell it, but not the whole room, I was always taught that was the correct way to wear perfume, that this is how 'ladies' wear their scent.:D

I'm another spoilsport who detests people who seem to bathe in perfume, and also those who insist on having a 'signature' scent,( ie they never change their perfume so they are immune to the smell of the one they wear , so they spray a bit more on at every opportunity:rolleyes:) There's a woman at work who I can tell when she has been to visit in a large call centre type office just by the smell she leaves behind.:eek: I'd rather put up with any BO she has, to be honest, instead of having her perfume trail make me sneeze...

I much prefer the simple smell of fresh soap and shampoo, it says so much more to me than someone soaked in perfume, isn't it funny that excessive perfume always makes me wonder just how bad their natural aroma is.:eek: google nosegays if you don't know what they are...:D

I have a drawer of perfumes, kept in the cool and dark so it won't go off. I do wear it occasionally, but not to work, and definitely not out to dinner.

I do wear just enough so that anyone who gets closest to me can smell it, but not the whole room, I was always taught that was the correct way to wear perfume, that this is how 'ladies' wear their scent.:D

I agree. The best perfume is no perfume.

I agree. The best perfume is no perfume.

Thanks, I'm not against perfume at all, just not into tasting other peoples.:D

It's been shown that different sexes choose to sit in different seats in a waiting room based on putting male and female pheromone scents under specific seats, it's got nothing to do with who is sitting there already, the men go for the woman's pheromones and vice versa. Even when they've not been told an experiment was going on.

So maybe Mother Nature gave us the best perfume after all.:)

Not that I want to attract a mate with my pheromones anymore, just always thought it was interesting that we humans mask our natural 'odour' to attract people to us. :o

p.s. I dislike strong aftershave on men too, the Lynx effect has me running in the opposite direction!

I have two that I love and wear all of the time. Like one of the earlier posters I have been wearing Jessica McClintock for years. I received a sample when I was in one the Jessica McClintock stores years ago to purchase a home coming dress for our daughter (she is now 37). I wore the sample and DH loved it and bought me some for Christmas that year and I have worn it as my main scent ever since. And get LOTS of compliments on it. BUT like all scents it smells different on everyone because everyones body chemistry is different. My best friend tried it and it did not smell good on her at all.

After my daughter got married my son-in-law decided that I should have more than one 'signature scent', and for Christmas on year they gave me a gift certificate to Nordstrom's and said I should "find a new smell". He said he liked what I wore, he just said, "You should not be so predictable". I went to Nordstrom's and picked out "Angel" I love it! It smells like chocolate and honey to me, and my wonderful son-in-law loves it to! My DH likes it so much he bought the "Angel B for Men".

I like that you can get the bottles refilled too.

I was in between perfumes and went to Macy's last week to find a new scent. Lately I've been using Victoria's Secret PINK. I wanted a better quality perfume. The gentleman at the perfume counter was SO helpful and picked out the perfect perfume for me. I absolutely love it! I'm getting lots of compliments already :)

Versace - Bright Crystal

I was in between perfumes and went to Macy's last week to find a new scent. Lately I've been using Victoria's Secret PINK. I wanted a better quality perfume. The gentleman at the perfume counter was SO helpful and picked out the perfect perfume for me. I absolutely love it! I'm getting lots of compliments already :)

Versace - Bright Crystal

I looooove Bright Crystal. I've also started wearing Miracle by Lancome. It's light and feminine, I love it.

I love perfume, but the problem is that most people don't know how to wear it. I have been wearing Coco by Chanel since it first came out, once in a while I wear something else.

I hold the bottle at arms length from me (so that I get a mist, not a stream!) and put 1 squirt on my abdomen and 1 on my back. Applied AT LEAST one hour before leaving the house, so that it has a chance to dissipate. Also applied in only undies, so that it doesn't get on the clothes. That's it for the day, unless I shower again.

No one ever smells it unless they are close to me, which is the way it should be.

A perfume I have not seen mentioned here is Cannabis Santal by Fresh.

Despite the name, it has nothing to do with it's namesake.

It is a light oriental, it was originally designed as a men's cologne, but it seems that mostly women wear it. I love it, nice and light and a nice change from the Coco.

My all time favorite was Gucci Accenti during the 90's......loved it, loved it, loved it!!!! I alternated between Burberry's Classic and Gucci Accenti until they discontinued my Gucci in 2005. :mad: I was heartbroken because I haven't found anything even close to it since.

Then on a trip to the S. Caribbean, I was introduced to Hypnotic Poison....mmmmmmmm! Later that same year I discovered Versace Signature. I love both fragrances equally and get many compliments while wearing either one. But since the HP is significantly higher, I tend to wear the Versace on a more routine basis.

My DD (15) uses Versace Bright Crystal, so I don't have to worry about her wearing mine (for once:rolleyes:). So I guess Versace Signature is my new signature fragrance.

Archived