Calling All Sweet-Smelling Ladies! What is Your Signature Fragrance?

TerriSea

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

Many I have tried, and alas not loved. Chanel #5 and Shalimar are awesome on certain people, but unpleasant on me. I find it so interesting that many women are so loyal to a scent, there must be a reason when there are millions of others.

Based on postings here, I am planning to try: Cashmere Mist, Guerlain Idylle, Viktor and Rolf Flower Bomb and other scents by Givenchy, since I do like Ysatis, Amariage and Organza.

I was wondering if anyone is in love with Philosophy. I see it sold on one of the home shopping network channels. It seems to be a big seller.

Today I am wearing Bulgari. Nice, but not amazing. Ah well, my search continues, and I do appreciate the suggestions!!:)

Let me know what you think of Idylle. I get so many compliments when I wear it.

I know many here like Cashmere Mist. I find it kind of blah.

I think the Philosophy scents are nice for bath gels. but as scents to wear, I think they're not very sophisticated, though they're pleasant.

Based on postings here, I am planning to try: Cashmere Mist, Guerlain Idylle, Viktor and Rolf Flower Bomb and other scents by Givenchy, since I do like Ysatis, Amariage and Organza.

Good choices......I have to say out of all my fragrances Cashmere Mist always gets the compliments.......

I rarely wear a fragrance. One of my pet peeves is how so many women put on so much. Some fragrances can trigger migraines for me. Formal nights are insane--the elevators all smell like Shalimar.

But when I do wear a scent it is Penhaligon's--Love Potion No. 9. I get it in London. They have a shop in NYC, but I'm in London more often than NY.

I am absolutely in love with Vera Wang Princess...so is my husband!

I will probably get laughed at, but the other perfume I wear is (ahem-seriously don't laugh) Just Me by Paris Hilton. I got a sample of it with a Sephora order once and just loved it.

I also like Chanel #5 for really dressy occasions.

Cashmere Mist is a lovely scent.

My father worked for a company that made makeup products and tools so we used to get a HUGE grab bag every season FILLED with name brand makeup and perfume, body lotion...etc. Casmere Mist is one of them and we all loved it.

I also really liked Intuition by Estee Lauder, Romance by Ralph Lauren, Miss Cherie Dior by Dior...just to name a few. I don't have one fragrance I love...I have many!

I am also wearing bath and body works P.S. I love you and Japanese Cherry Blossom perfumes.

Good luck finding the right perfume for you!

EDIT: I LOVE Lolita Lempicka too!

Lately, I have been wearing Dior Addict Shine. It is light and delicate which I like for work and daily wear.

I was a lover of Marc Jacobs Blush, but that appears to be discontinued so I am on the hunt as well. :D

I just bought the Monkey Farts. I thought it was a cute name and thought the scents would be perfect for my upcoming Carribean cruise.

I recently just got a sample of Flora by Gucci and it smells awesome. This is going to be my next perfume purchase:)

LMAO! Too funny

I was for years with Knowing and just switched to BuBerry!

But I must say I am a little consciencious about wearing perfume these days. With so many folks that get sinus "Stuff Ups" I rarely wear perfume anymore. I am afraid I will get in an elevator and someone will start gagging or sneezing, even though I will put a very small amount on.

I know at work if someone is wearing a fragrance a lot of folks just do not like it....Amost like lighting up a cigar! We have been told in more or less words not to wear fragrances at work anymore.:eek:

I love Spellbound by Estee Lauder, Red by Georgio but my real favorite is AMBUSH by Dana but it is getting harder and harder to find.. I get it from EBAY ... IT brings back many memories of my youth...LOL I did buy it from Fragrance.net, but it is not the original one..:D:D:D

I'm with you. Donna Karen Casmere Mist is my all time favorite.

Wow - amazing how many of us on this thread love Cashmere Mist. I am a devotee, and they have just discontinued it in Australia:eek:. I have a big bottle, but will now always have to get someone who is travelling to bring it back for me.

It's such a beautiful fragrance - light but not flowery. Most perfumes are too sweet or too heavy on me. My other favourite is CK One (the old version, not the new CK One Summer).

Hi there..

LOVE my Coco by Chanel ... and yay!!... my all time favorite...FIDJI by Guy Laroche ....is now available after being off the market for many years..it is glorious, hoping to buy some duty free on on our cruise...or in Asia...

S&D:)

My favorites include Enchanted Orchid & Sea Island Cotton from BBW. I also like Tommy Girl, Body By Victoria and CK Eternity. I used to love EL Pleasures but that no longer smells good on me. I have to be very careful with fragrances some of them smell like a dog peed on me!:eek::eek: Yuck! I prefer fruity florals, green scents and citrus scents.

Good luck on your search!

-Dawn

Philosophy Amazing Grace

Me, too! Amazing Grace is actually my signature fragrance. I have used the perfume, but I prefer the fragrance oil in Amazing Grace. It's very light and fresh. I usually need to reapply in the evening if I'm going out.

I also love Bath and Body Works hair conditioners in Coconut Verbana (something like that) and Japanese Cherry Bloossom. They make my hair smell sooooooo good!

Sometimes I'll wear a B and B Works lotion instead of Amazing Grace- depends on my mood and the occasion.

Beautiful by Estee Lauder has been my signature scent for about thirty years - I can honestly say I have never worn any other scent. My daughters - who live a long way away from me - always tell me they miss me more when they smell someone wearing my scent!! I also use the body wash, talc and body lotion. It's an expensive habit ... but worth it!

I've worn Miracle for several years. When my daughter was in labor w/ her second child she told me she remembered my perfume from her last delivery (2 yrs before)...lol!!! I decided to try something new so for Mother's Day I got Sensous by Estee Lauder, really love it! I've gotten many compliment on the scent. Most days I wear B & B Works Japanese Cherry Blossom, love B & B Works!!!

I'm another Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist lover, and I get so many compliments when I wear it. The funny thing about Cashmere Mist was that years ago when my son was about 12 years old, he noticed that one of my magazines had samples of fragrances and he started flipping through the pages going "yuck" on all the samples until he came to the Cashmere Mist sample and he said "this one's the best." I had to agree!

I do like Faith Hill's fragance too. It's really soft and to me, it kind of reminds me of the Cashmere Mist.

I am a Philosophy Girl too! I love the Pure Grace in the perfume oil roll-on. I find that men, esp. my husband and teen sons, notice when I am wearing it and comment on how I smell. It is hard to describe the scent, fresh, clean, light, those are the words that come to mind. I also love Amazing Grace and more women than men have commented on the scent.

I have 4-5 perfumes that I love, and depending on what type of mood I'm in depends on what I put on that day. Don't you love having options?!!!

Beautiful by Estee Lauder has been my signature scent for about thirty years - I can honestly say I have never worn any other scent. My daughters - who live a long way away from me - always tell me they miss me more when they smell someone wearing my scent!! I also use the body wash, talc and body lotion. It's an expensive habit ... but worth it!

Beautiful was my daily fragrance for several years - I remember wearing it the day of my wedding - lots of hugs that day! I kind of "forgot" about it when I finished a bottle and started buying other scents: Ysatis, Tresor, J'Adore, and Glow by JLo. Thanks for the reminder, I will definitely try it again next time I shop and see if it still brings me the magic!:)

Yesterday I tried Gucci Flora, and nice, but nothing special for me. It was, as expected, a pleasantly sweet floral, feminine but lacked depth, in my opinion.

Also, I liked Amazing Grace recently, but it faded very quickly on me. I would like a longer lasting scent. I will have to see if Sephora carries the fragrance oil, and if so, try again.

Thanks everyone! I am thoroughly enjoying your responses!:D

Archived