Live from ... Cruise Critic's Caribbean Kick-Off on Crown Princess (11/7 - 14)

Dan Askin

Ah what a gold find this thread! I will be on this ship jan 23. 2010.... I want to know everything, i have tons of questions. Never been on princess andonly my second cruise.... please tell us what the ports are like ie piers and distance and what ports you would needa an excursion and what ports you can venture out on your own and swim and shop.... thanks have fun and i am jealous,,,,,, this is just the start of my questions.... i look forward to reading all you have to say,,, i too want to know about the gym, food and adult only spots and activities...

Someone asked about beds and comfort level. I was a bit worried because there are a lot posts about how hard they are and needing toppers which I had not requested in advance. However, DH and I found them very comfortable, even a little on the soft side. I am a bit of an insomniac and I slept very well all week. I guess every one has different tolerances.

Had a great week even if the weather wasn't our best friend.:p

Someone asked about beds and comfort level. I was a bit worried because there are a lot posts about how hard they are and needing toppers which I had not requested in advance. However' date=' DH and I found them very comfortable, even a little on the soft side. I am a bit of an insomniac and I slept very well all week. I guess every one has different tolerances.

Had a great week even if the weather wasn't our best friend.:p[/quote']

Princess actually replaced beds fleetwide a few years ago (may even have been introduced on Crown in 2006, but don't quote me on that). I found the beds similar to the Carnival comfort beds, not surprising given the sister line status. I could see them being a little soft for some, but it's sort of inline with the cruise ship as womb....

Archived