Voyager 11/08/10 Barcelona to FLL

Sunviking

We booked this cruise in an aft Seven Seas Suite. I've read most of the recent reviews on CC and they seem to be all over the place. That doesn't bother me because I've read reviews of cruises we've been on in the past and wondered if the reviewers were on the same cruise we were. I've also read about the vibrations in aft suites and am going to hope that won't bother us. Aft suites have been our favorites on most of our recent cruises (albeit on much larger ships) because we like the large balcony and the privacy. Hopefully, we have not chosen poorly. I know that I will have many questions about things on RSSC and I'm finding that the search engine doesn't always work.

I see that there is a Cordon Bleu cooking experience on our cruise. Is this something that one books in advance? If so, how early can it be booked? It sounds like something that would be fun to do.

I confess that I'm also a little confused at the division of labor between the butler and the cabin steward(ess). On our Princess cruises our cabin steward handled our laundry needs and room service delivered our requested canapes every afternoon. Are these the responsibilities of the Butler on the Voyager?

I shall apologize in advance for asking questions that may have been answered somewhere here already since that seems to annoy some people. I realize that these are much smaller ships with many fewer passengers, hence there are fewer posts. However, a consequence of that is that some of the replies are from many months ago before changes in management, policy and refurbishment. A newcomer like myself cannot be certain that the same answers still apply.

Yes the Cordon Bleu cooking classes are indeed lots of fun. We're going to be doing our second one early next month on Voyager. You need to book and pay for them in advance. Often they get booked up early, not always. You can always book it, then cancel later, before some deadline.

Yes, as Wendy said, it is best to book Le Cordon Bleu in advance as the class space is limited. We took the class in September and absolutely loved it. You cook in the same kitchen (and sometimes at the same time) as the real chefs:) Your TA can get that booked for you.

The cabin stewardess can do just about anything that the butler can do. If you have a butler suite he will deliver room service and any other service you need. We have booked butler suites for reasons other than to have a butler (like free business class air when you are in category "C" and above on European itineraries). The butler does bring canapes to your suite in the evening (just in case you're hungry -- highly unlikely).

The Voyager is our favorite ship. Although some people are fine in the aft suites, we feel that the noise and vibration would bother us. We spent one night dining/vibrating at Signatures. It took a couple of glasses of wine before we could ignore the vibration. On the Voyager, we always select suites that are slightly forward. The Seven Seas forward suite on deck 9 (929) is in a very good location. I would avoid deck 10 because it is under the swimming pool. While not a major issue, you can hear chairs scraping from early in the morning until late afternoon. I can understand that you like the privacy and balcony size of the aft suites. . . . just consider whether or not the vibration will be an issue for you.

Our first cruise (which hooked us to cruising) was on the old Royal Caribbean Sunviking. We sailed several more times on her, RCCL's first Panama Canal cruise and first Asia cruise included. So when I signed up for CC it seemed like a good name. We always liked the small ships and interestingly to us is the fact that the Voyager is close to the Sunviking in size. Our recent cruises have been in suites on large Princess and HAL ships. We don't go to shows and don't gamble and spend a great deal of time in our suite or on our balcony so this seemed like something we should try. We're looking forward to this!

If you are interested in reading a trip report on the Voyager including participation in Le Cordon Bleu cooking program see:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1054708

Travelcat2 was posting live from her Voyager cruise. I would guess she didn't mention it in her pp so as not to appear "self-promoting". I thought it was an interesting read and vicariously enjoyed her trip (esp the cooking class experience).

Sun Vilking, In as much as you are now on the Voyager, would apprecaite your letting us know the name of the maitre'd.......(hopefully Joey!!)

I goofed, I want to know the name of the Head waiter in the compass rose??

Sun Vilking, In as much as you are now on the Voyager, would apprecaite your letting us know the name of the maitre'd.......(hopefully Joey!!)

I goofed, I want to know the name of the Head waiter in the compass rose??

Chelonia,

You might have to wait a while.

Sunviking is doing Voyager 11/08/10 Barcelona to FLL

:)

Archived