Sunny Liston vs Godfrey tours in St Thomas or other tours??

gam888

How did you "request" him? I have "friended" him on Facebook, so maybe I will give him a lil reminder that Monday before we leave to make sure we have him? I think our ship is on the opposite side of Pt. Pleasant! :(

Didn't even know he was on Facebook! I just told him via email to make a note of it on my reservation, lol and gently reminded. To be honest, not sure if that works, just be out there early so you can jump on/in his van! Actually, we came out later than other people, but the first bus was the other guys' and that filled up, so luckily we got Sunny! Yes, I remember on the tour actually when he showed us where Oasis was docked, it is pretty far. If I remember correctly, he picked them up first though, because we surely didn't stop there on the way to shop! Or actually, what he did was drop us off shopping, then went to get them. Sorry, I really don't remember that part, I just remember realizing only when chatting later on that people were from different boats!

Didn't even know he was on Facebook! I just told him via email to make a note of it on my reservation, lol and gently reminded. To be honest, not sure if that works, just be out there early so you can jump on/in his van! Actually, we came out later than other people, but the first bus was the other guys' and that filled up, so luckily we got Sunny! Yes, I remember on the tour actually when he showed us where Oasis was docked, it is pretty far. If I remember correctly, he picked them up first though, because we surely didn't stop there on the way to shop! Or actually, what he did was drop us off shopping, then went to get them. Sorry, I really don't remember that part, I just remember realizing only when chatting later on that people were from different boats!

ok thanks.. yes he has a link on his website for FB.. we've chatted a bit about his tour. I will def send him a message the week of our cruise to make sure that he takes the 9:00 tour out!

:)

Have done both. Godfrey was nice, and informative. Sunny was fun and informative and personable. It is like a big, fun party of friends on the tour. Honestly, Sunny's tour was the highlight of the entire week on our last cruise...everyone of the 29 people on the truck agreed, ages 5-68.

Yeah, I loved that tour, definitely a highlight. I have to admit though, and we knew before we even boarded that cruise, we tried to cram too much in our St. Thomas day with Sunny's Tour AND the Sky Ride. We did it, but in the end, we were sort of rushing, lol. We had this brief image of ourselves missing the boat...we got on in ample time though :D

We've done both Godfrey and Sunny. Godfrey was several years ago, and it was a really nice, mellow, informative tour. We did Sunny last year with the kids and it was one big party! Both are great choices, but we really had an awesome time on the Sunny Liston tour and would do it again in a heartbeat. My kids (age 11 & 12) have been on three cruises, live within driving distance of Disney/Universal, and spent a month touring Europe on a family vacation. If you ask them their top five things EVER, they would be seeing puffins in Iceland, standing on top of a Swiss Alp, Mission Space at EPCOT, calving season at their grandparents farm in Georgia, and SUNNY LISTON'S TOUR!

ETA: If we do Sunny again, the only thing we'd change is our beach choice. The other party in our group all wanted Sapphire Beach, so we went along. It was small and the food & drinks were pricey. We'd probably choose Coki next time.

We've done both Godfrey and Sunny. Godfrey was several years ago, and it was a really nice, mellow, informative tour. We did Sunny last year with the kids and it was one big party! Both are great choices, but we really had an awesome time on the Sunny Liston tour and would do it again in a heartbeat. My kids (age 11 & 12) have been on three cruises, live within driving distance of Disney/Universal, and spent a month touring Europe on a family vacation. If you ask them their top five things EVER, they would be seeing puffins in Iceland, standing on top of a Swiss Alp, Mission Space at EPCOT, calving season at their grandparents farm in Georgia, and SUNNY LISTON'S TOUR!

ETA: If we do Sunny again, the only thing we'd change is our beach choice. The other party in our group all wanted Sapphire Beach, so we went along. It was small and the food & drinks were pricey. We'd probably choose Coki next time.

Aww, that's nice re your kids liking Sunny's Tour! We were actually going to try Sapphire this year because it looked more spacious when we saw it last year on our way back from Magen's. I hear their toilets are the pits though. Never looked into Coki. We don't do any sort of water sports whatsoever, we just want to soak in the sun.

Oh, here are some St. Thomas/Sunny pics:

Pic 1- Sunny's van/truck

2- On Sunny's tour, view of St. John's

3- Skyride car

4- View from Skyride

DSC07820.jpg.ed66252c949ea6b971a7e36577d587c9.jpg

DSC07780.jpg.e58a2aab6477ce11fba6c588730f5914.jpg

DSC07883.jpg.0a269994ea39ea6235135bf06fd96c37.jpg

DSC07904.jpg.67827bdc4cf477497fccba71cbf7cc5b.jpg

Thank you everyone. It's been almost a year since we went on the Victory. I am still receiving replies every so often. I suppose it will still be beneficial to other folks who are still planning on excursions to these islands. For the record, this is what we did: San Juan, visited one of the forts. Took the free trolley from the dock area to get there. St Thomas, went with Godfrey Tours. I would definitely recommend his tour. Dominica, went to Trafalgar Falls, too crowded, but we did enjoy the Emerald Pool. Barbados, booked with El Tigre catamaran to swim with turtles. The tour was nice but didn't see that many turtles. The water was not that clear and we were in deep water, the snorkeling was just ok. St Lucia we went with Corsol tour and I would recommend him as well. St Kitts, we just hanged around in the cruise dock tourist village area. St Maarten we shared a taxi with other people and went around the island to the French side and back to the Dutch side. We like the island a lot. Thanks again everyone for replying my post.

Nice!! I just booked him! Question, does he go by majority for the beach? My mother and I want to go to Magen's no matter what. Another question, the boat docks at 9am, so I booked the tour for 10am to give us some time to debark. Sunny replied with my confirmation saying the ship is an hour behind local time, so he will be there 10am local time, which is 9am ship time, now we have no time to debark! What time did you dock and what time tour did you take?

Does anyone know if this is the same time in April, one hour difference?

My last cruise we had some issues with ship time vs. island time!

we were staying in st.thomas a few years back- and hooked up with Sunny downtown and needed a ride to mountain top and the beach. Had no idea about the singing/tour. and the safari bus was full- so we sat in the front seat with him. We had a blast!!! yes- he sings in a microphone- the people on our tour were very mellow- but I think if you had fun people- they would probably sing. i think we sang:)- it was not too loud in the front seat either. We went to saphire beach but others went to megans beach. Sunny was very nice and professional.

! yes- he sings in a microphone- the people on our tour were very mellow- but I think if you had fun people- they would probably sing. i think we sang:)-

We sang! My kids still randomly burst into "Monday...Woot!Woot!....Tuesday...Woot!Woot!....Wednesday.....Woot!Woot!....Thursday, too......."

We will be in St Thomas in January and really want to take a good tour of the Island with just a bit of beach time and some shopping. I have looked at several tours and they all start with shopping then the tour. What I would like to find is one that picks you up at the ship, does the tour, beach, then drops you off downtown at the end. I am a photographer, and the lighting mid day is never the best. If it's my only option, I guess I will go with Godfrey or Sonny Liston, but was wondering if anyone has had luck getting them to do the tour/beach/shopping? I have emailed both with no replies.

We will be in St Thomas in January and really want to take a good tour of the Island with just a bit of beach time and some shopping. I have looked at several tours and they all start with shopping then the tour. What I would like to find is one that picks you up at the ship, does the tour, beach, then drops you off downtown at the end. I am a photographer, and the lighting mid day is never the best. If it's my only option, I guess I will go with Godfrey or Sonny Liston, but was wondering if anyone has had luck getting them to do the tour/beach/shopping? I have emailed both with no replies.

We did an island tour with Airforce 1 Papa Bear and the order of his tour is exactly what you are looking for. We began with an island tour, then beach time at Sapphire Beach (you have a choice of which beach you would like to go too--Sapphire, Coki or Magens). Those that wanted to go shopping were dropped off in Charlotte Amalie at the end of the tour. Those that didn't want to go shopping, Papa Bear took directly back to the ship.

We had a great tour with Papa Bear. He was a great tour operator and we would highly recommend him.

To see photos and video clips of our tour with Papa Bear, check out my youtube video:

Hey Photogalmb....I'm in the Myrtle Beach area too....Murrells Inlet!! You a photographer???

We did Godfreys tour everything is great except on his website it stated you could pick what beach.Not true he takes you to whatever beach he wants. I even asked and he said the other beach not safe because it had large waves on that side?However our tablemates went and said it was perfect i have seen many say the same about his tour.So go if you do not care what beach but if you want to go to a particular one i would pick another tour.

If he said it was unsafe I would believe him. When we went you had a choice of beaches.....no problem with anything.

• 2 weeks later...

How crazy of a driver is Sunny???? We have younger (8 & 13) children and I would be scared for them and myself!!

Sunny seems to be the "fun" tour which we would like but the driving comment in an earlier post is freaking me out.

How crazy of a driver is Sunny???? We have younger (8 & 13) children and I would be scared for them and myself!!

Sunny seems to be the "fun" tour which we would like but the driving comment in an earlier post is freaking me out.

It's not that big of a deal. We had my 7 YO, 11 YO and my 5 YO nephew with us.

I wouldn't worry about it. My kids were 9 and 11 yrs old when we did it, and we never felt unsafe.

Thanks Mamaparrothead and Peanutzmom.

One more quick question are the roads paved?

Years back when we were on Tortola, we had the craziest bus ride to the beach. We, including my husband, were freaking out. Gravel, narrow roads were scary not to mention the bus driver seemed a tad bit carefree...:eek:

We did an island tour with Airforce 1 Papa Bear and the order of his tour is exactly what you are looking for. We began with an island tour, then beach time at Sapphire Beach (you have a choice of which beach you would like to go too--Sapphire, Coki or Magens). Those that wanted to go shopping were dropped off in Charlotte Amalie at the end of the tour. Those that didn't want to go shopping, Papa Bear took directly back to the ship.

We had a great tour with Papa Bear. He was a great tour operator and we would highly recommend him.

I echo the sentiments about Air Force One and Papa bear. We ended up having a private tour with him a couple weeks ago when a large group canceled on him at the last minute. The tour was in the morning...very informative as he knows the history of his island (more-so than Godfrey, who we went with several years earlier) after which he took us to Magen's Bay (where it was pouring rain). He then tried to save our beach day for us by taking us to Sapphire (more rain). But he did everything he could to make our tour great (including waiting for us in town for a couple fhours while we jewelry shopped and drank beer). He was awesome and we wouldn't even consider going with anyone other than Papa Bear in the future!

I wouldn't worry about it. My kids were 9 and 11 yrs old when we did it, and we never felt unsafe.

Exactly, and being from a Caribbean island myself (parents are from Trinidad), that's how most people drive there and there are a lot of narrow, winding roads, up hills, 'round bends. If you're not used to it, it may be scary, but for the most part, they know what they're doing, they handle those roads everyday, we visit once a year if that much :p.

Archived