Check your rates

jlyn1216

To those with questions ATTENTION HERE!!!!

TA and price drop questions

Some TA's will honor price drops, some will not, should be a question you ask up front. Royal will NOT talk to you if you have a TA. Price drops directly affect a TA's commission so they lose money if you get a price drop.

How do i check questions

You can check your price of your cruise by doing a "mock" booking. Go to Royals website and pretend you are booking the same cruise, and category of stateroom (be sure to include your home state, military, EMT, police or fire if it applies to you). If, at the end, the price your looking at is lower, you have a price drop on your hands, call your TA or Royal (who you booked through) and request your new price.

OBC

If a price drop happens after final payment, Royal give all price drops in the form of OBC (on board credit). There is no way online to check what you have for an OBC and this needs to be done with Royal or your TA.

Point of a TA

Good TA's honor price drops no questions asked, Great TA's call and let you know when the price drops happen. However these are usually your "mom and pop" or "brick and mortar" TA shops, as they want your repeat, and word of mouth business. These places generally offer better customer service.

I hope this post answer most if not all of the questions! Enjoy your Cruise!

To those with questions ATTENTION HERE!!!!

TA and price drop questions

Some TA's will honor price drops, some will not, should be a question you ask up front. Royal will NOT talk to you if you have a TA. Price drops directly affect a TA's commission so they lose money if you get a price drop.

How do i check questions

You can check your price of your cruise by doing a "mock" booking. Go to Royals website and pretend you are booking the same cruise, and category of stateroom (be sure to include your home state, military, EMT, police or fire if it applies to you). If, at the end, the price your looking at is lower, you have a price drop on your hands, call your TA or Royal (who you booked through) and request your new price.

OBC

If a price drop happens after final payment, Royal give all price drops in the form of OBC (on board credit). There is no way online to check what you have for an OBC and this needs to be done with Royal or your TA.

Point of a TA

Good TA's honor price drops no questions asked, Great TA's call and let you know when the price drops happen. However these are usually your "mom and pop" or "brick and mortar" TA shops, as they want your repeat, and word of mouth business. These places generally offer better customer service.

I hope this post answer most if not all of the questions! Enjoy your Cruise!

Thank you so much! Will check the current price and get ahold of our TA if it is lower than what we were quoted (we have not made final payment yet - just deposit)! We have never used her before but my parents have booked MANY overseas holidays, as well as this cruise, with her so I would expect her to honour any price drop.

Residency rate is a special rate offered for certain states at different times. Not always offered on every cruise, and not all states are offered at any time. In other words, you have to do the mock booking, inputting your state or province, to see if there is a residency rate offered. And these special rates can come and go in hours, days or months. You just have to check very often. I don't think I have paid original price on the last 5 or 6 cruises I have taken and not on the next 2 I have booked due to various special rates and price drops. However, after special pricing on these next 2 cruises, those rates have now gone back UP. Of course, that doesn't affect my lower rates! But I think some prices are going up and not just on RCI. I recently saw some HAL rates that are higher than those I have seen in the past year.

Archived